Almost There!

Malaven

Hunter
After about 2 1/2 years of peicing it together and putting things together, I am finally almost done with my very inexpensive and amost screen accurate SE Fett!

All that's left is to put the armor on the vest, rig the jet pack, and receive my ammo belt stap in the mail, and then fashion the blocks!

P1060195.jpg

P1060196.jpg

P1060200.jpg

P1060198.jpg

The only things I look to change RIGHT AWAY seeing as I have limited income being a student, would be the knees. But for ~500 dollars I figure I didn't do too bad.

Rifle - 150
Jet Pack - 200
Armor - 75
Jump Suit(spats and pouches included) - 60
Boots - 0 Homemade w. Paint
Girth - ~4 Homemade w. Dye
Ammo Belt -- IN MAIL 20 (just strap)
Cape - 10

FREEBEES: MR Helmet - Gift.

TO DO LIST: Wookiee Braids. Shin Tools. Chest Light Display. Sceen Acc. Gaunts. Scren Acc. Knees. GRADUATE. GET A JOB.

Thanks to everyone here that helped me out (whether you know you did or not, one post goes a long way!)

=D Gen Con Here I come!

It looks very nice. and look at it this way you have the two most important things out of the way (helmet and jetpack) now all you have to do is get th rest of your items to make a functional costume and just upgrade the other parts whenever time/money allow! Hey I will be at Gen Con sporting my Fett! hope to see you there!!

It's a great start, especially for the price you have pulled it off for. First thing though is your armor is really big on you. Are you super skinny? The three quarter/profile pic of you looks good, but the more front on the armor looks too big. Maybe it's just the angle? Anyways you are off to a great start and I'm impressed with how good it looks for the price. It looks like you got a really nice jetpack for the price you paid, and the blue sections look great, but the rest of the colors are in the wrong places. Study the reference pictures when ever you start the upgrade process.

Good luck with school!

Yeah. Im really really thin. I think Im the youngest to built/finance his own too. 5' 8" and 125 lbs. 17 years old. Paid for it all myself (Babysitting, FTW), built all that's been built by myself. (with a lot of seamstress help from mommy)

Im working on the JP currently, I had to craft thrusters and a back panel myself and the panel has been a bit of a pain, as I botched my first attempt at bondo'ing it on. It WILL recieve a repaint.

The armor is rather large, however, at this point in time that is just a minor issue, I plan to bend most of it with a hairdrier to get it to fit me better now that it is on my body, and to make it lay more naturally.

And Yes, I was suprised at how low the price came to be myself. :)

P1060225.jpg

This one is more to the front with me not slouching/moving arms across my body, as I add more snaps/velcro/bolts I hope to relive the "implosion" of the armor

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, you are off to a great start. Keep up the hard work, and be glad and proud to have a functional, wearable costume. I'm going on 10 or 11 years of working on mine and don't have one to wear.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back