Saw the funniest thing today

never ending fett

Active Hunter
So the wife and I are driving to dinner, on the way there we are driving next to a guy in a convertable Porsche; cool car but not that uncommon. In the passenger seat, sitting on 2 or 3 pillows so it's level with the driver is a monkey. What was the monkey doing? What else do monkey's do? He was eating a banana :lol:. He (or she) was just sitting there looking around watching the world go by, his (or her) banana sitting there on the pillow next to him (or her) half eaten. We tried to get a picture on one of our phones but couldn't get next to the car lined up right for long enough. It was pretty funny, thought I'd share.

I want a monkey! Who doesn't?

I wouldn't NOT drive a monkey in a convertible.

I'll give you three guesses why. And it has something to do with where that banana is going.

The top was down. I'm pretty sure it is legal to own monkeys. A guy I used to work with had a friend that had one; she kept pants on it for the very reason Malaven is suggesting lol.

Maybe that's why it was in a convertable; if anything does get thrown, at least it's out of the car.

I know a friend who has a pet monkey. They have a daughter with a severe handicap, and they said the monkey is very therapeutic. I thought it was very odd because I always thought they were very mischievous. But he said his was very well behaved!

I know a friend who has a pet monkey. They have a daughter with a severe handicap, and they said the monkey is very therapeutic. I thought it was very odd because I always thought they were very mischievous. But he said his was very well behaved!

That's cool. Never thought about it for that reason.

We have 5 cats, the mom and 4 of her litter from when we took her in, long story; but anyways they are very mischievious, the open everything from sliding closet doors to our freezer door to eat fish while we are gone for long weekends (we have sense put a child safety lock on our freezer door) I can just see what would happen if we had a monkey thrown in with the mix with them. The cats would be saying "you there, you with the thumbs, open this for me" there would be no end to the trouble they could get in together. :eek: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would so have loved to see the picture! There is a guy in our neighborhood that takes his parrot to the convenience store with him.

I love animals. I am now down to 1 cat. The original since I have had kids. She is 15 years old and she is THE Queen now.

If I did not work, I would probably start my collection again. :) I love animals!

I did want a monkey when I was a kid. I know that animals ARE very therapeutic.

what would have made that scene better would have been if they were in a van, and the monkey was driving, as they were escaping from a heist. i'd post a clip to explain what i'm talking about but i'd probably get banned.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back