Saz custom build #1 Krayt dragon

Amazing! Did you free hand that drawing of the krayt? Nice job there! I'm really interested to see how this goes. I'm also still toying with the idea of doing a whole armor set on this... If I have money to buy the helmet. But I can still do the armor with a still krayt dragon helm, just my own version. *I call dibs on making a full armor set!!* :D

I did it freehand with pencil, makes it easier to rub out mistakes:)

It's going to be a challenge as I have to work out foreground and background and build up from there, as the krayt will be 3 dimensional.

I'm really impressed with your know-how and grit in making these helmets, Saz. Did you figure out how to do most of this from a job or school, or just on your own?

I did a degree in computer aided product design and had a uni workshop to do things like vacuum forming, I also did a degree in Graphic Design, so those help. But most was using reference and I built a lot of paper and card prototypes to get my measurements right.

The rest is researching the processes on the internet and in libraries.

I also have made a few masks for some of my wrestlers and I built my own stormtrooper as well, for my own nefarious purposes as shown below:

saz5.jpg

hehe!

have you got a list of buyers yet? I want in.
but I still need to save up.
you also know I'm good for it.

I WILL BUY one of these, so put me on the list, and you need to sign and number them, I want #1.

Basically this will come to $200USD shipped to the US, am I correct?
Current exchange rates give me $163.xx USD to 100 GBP.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a bit of interest in this, but I've seen what happens when someone organises something and doesn't pull through due to real life constraints. So what I'll do is put up the list when I have the items cast and ready to ship.

That's how I work, I won't ask anyone for money unless I am sure I can pop it in the post within a couple of days.

I will be putting in a "Security tag" into my items, so people will know it's my work, basically, I'll be etching saz and its number in mando'a on the ear and also placing a SAZ logo as per my avatar on the inside.

Though it's tough having someone else taking credit for your work, in the end, we're all working around one man's vision, so perhaps my intentions are to provide the Mando variant community with an affordable quality alternative and theirs isn't, I'm sure the Mando community will be vigilant against that sort of person.

I'm looking at about £100 plus postage, as long as my costs are covered that shouldn't go up at all.

I like the idea of only 10, it's like a special team, kind o like the RC's.
But if you do a second run, maybe put the dragon on the other side, that way I'd have to get 1 of each :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Relaxing with a cold lager atm after a hard days work.

Got A'den's bucket sorted this morning in the rain.

I also got started on the Krayt bucket as I had little else to do but wait for the RF mold to set, so I've been working hard on it.

I have to say, it's surprised me how quickly this has come together, there are little changes here and there, but I think it's really starting to take some shape.

Started on the tail spikes

krayttail.jpg

Then started working on the head

kraythead.jpg

This is the whole thing atm:

kraythead1.jpg

Like I said, I'm really shocked how quickly this is starting to come together, I hope I can get the bucket finished before I go on holiday, though the detail may take serious time.

I'm quite excited about this build!

Yes you may drool.

You know, number 1 is usually my worst cast as I am in a rush to see what it looks like and I make airholes galore on them :)

Anyway, it's been a long day and I've just about managed to drag myself away from the model, there's something about this, it's coming together very quickly and easily, so I'm guessing this baby is fated :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back