NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume

Yeah....I have four years of NJROTC experience behind me and that leadership will come through if I decide on something that involves that hard core leadership. And joining in with you mandos out here in Phoenix, AZ; I could probally teach a thing or two about military marching and all that. LOL!

If that is you are willing to learn it LOL! You don't have to.

Oh no another JROTC kid! lol jk jk... we had a lot of AFJROTC kids who came up to my detachment AFROTC Det290 University of Kentucky. About half of 'em usually made it through to get their bars so that's a pretty good success rate considering my det only commissioned about 33% of people who started as freshmen by the time I graduated. I hear that they're having a higher success rate now thanks to better recruiting from... JROTC. Anyhow... sorry to go on a tangent...lol but, I think u made a good choice for your college program. A lot of ppl I know who got computer engineering/computer programing degrees are doing well now. Good luck!

Thanks guys....I am an expert at computers and am itching to further my knowledge with them. I had to fix my computer once without parents help and it worked wonders for me LOL!

And Saz; KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken)? What is up with that.

Yeah I told that you can't rent these type of costumes and that it takes a while to make. I even said I got it from you guys but trying to play smarts the person that told me said "You guys don't know nothing!" I am like they know more then you and me with this stuff LOL! So the sentra stuff is still working through. Hopefully thursday the stuff will be on order. And hopefully I'll be going to get some paint by that time.

I've been also working in with the cardboard stuff of designs and have gotten through it. Looks good....photos will be up really soon of the designs that I am working towards for the armor.

You guys are crazy LOL! But I guess that is why I choose to be a member on this board LOL!

And no worries BH I already told that. It is still going through no matter what. Trust me.

Some nit picks of whats happening around here. Let's just say the armor will be ordered in today. I have three classes to attend today so it will be a while before I can sign on and tell you all what is happening. So that is what is going on. Nothing more!!!!

original recipe here, I just love to eat the skin and fill my arteries with all that wonderfrul lubricant... helps prevent heart attacks ya know :lol:

You guys and your KFC food. LOL! How about we go and eat fresh at Subway...you know those five dollar footlongs? -Wink, wink-

Anyway, went some soul searching on sites yesterday to search for a good size (yet affortable) Jango Fett helmet. Nothing has come up yet but hopefully today after class we will have something down and put the order in for a helmet.

Hey guys I've been pretty busy over the days; I guess it gave me a break of not having to worry about my mando armor. Anyway, about five or so days ago I worked with the cardboard stuff on what type of battle damage would be put into the armor when the sentra stuff arrives. It turned out really good counting that I used only a sharpie LOL! But here was the result of it all.

l_4cd338361de14d9c89efe3ddc7f3f361.png

l_280114b9e8d54e7fb403a80d11b05496.png

What made me mad during the whole process was when some of the Mod Podge was removed from the neck peace of the armor. I had to apply four more coats to get the shinness back. What really ticked me off was when there was a bunch bumps and lines from the removed Mod Podge. But as I thought about it more and looked at it I thought I'd give it a try with what it would look like with battle damage. It turned out really good and I was well impressed.

Right now my neck peace is my favorite because of how well it turned out.

okay I'm a newbie also but making a bucket for you costume really wouldn't be hard. i spent 10 bucks on a skater helmet for the dome and about 15 bucks on other supplies and this is what i came up with it's still a WIP but it's getting there.

picture.php

Just don't forget to download wizards templates they are really awesome as for armor go the trash can route doesn't cost much at all.

-Jaycen

That really looks good there my friend. I actually have looked up ways to make a mando helmet. One way was with cardboard which is what the plates are that you see before you. But I am not sure if it would hold up. I'm looking in getting a rubies version from ebay or a site. But whatever comes up I'll post it.

Yeah I don't have the cutting materials for trash can armor. People have been telling to not use cardboard but so far it is coming out really nice and firm.

Commander come on, a cardboard bucket will be much MUCH better than a rubies, I made mine both from priority mail envelopes (same as cereal boxes) then resin and glass in stratigic areas then bondo... I know you've seen my buckets, and A'den's. We made ours from cardboard... PAPER and bondo, they are VERY sturdy, and MUCH EASIER TO MAKE THAN YOU THINK... I was very sceptical at first, and failed 1/2 through putting the first one together with paper, but then transferred the paper ON TO cardboard with a glue stick, then cut, tape, resin, glass, bondo, sand sand sand more bondo, more sand... well you get the drift..

Hope I dont sound like a butthead here, but IF I CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN :p

haha listen to adonian! he knows what he's doing :lol: and ya MAKE SURE YOU TRANSFER IT TO CARDBOARD! Its very hard to hold paper and bondo it at he same time! :lol: just a heads up if you decide to make your own, vod :D

Whatever you do dont try to use lexon! it'll snap then your going to huff and puff about the 20 bucks you just lost. trust me happen to me today. oh i was pissed lol so i made some trash can armor to calm down.
picture.php

was really easy actually just took a bit. need to finish the cod, cut a new collar cause i melted part of it with my blowtorch and cut out the back need another trash can lol 10 bucks at wal-mart.
-Jaycen

adonian, that might be true, however the $33.00 spent on a jango bucket and it looks top notch when done might be the better route for someone who does not have the facilities to fiberglass indoors or outdoors or due to parents, etc.

true, I have seen the rubies conversions and they have been nice, and technically that counts as diy since you do have to fix it to use it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back