NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume

Thanks guys. Here are a few sketched photos of shoulder bells. I did two designs of what would look better for the armor. So far #2 takes it all.

l_c7de7217645843ae9a8d4a8507f21623.png

l_add4eccd2e72465f82606ac4603d8ce9.png

What do you all think in your own opinions? I'd like to know which would go better with the chest and ab armor?

I'll do a few drawings and see what I can come up with. It's a good idea and I am a 100% with that. I think it will look good with the armor. Thanks!!!

Though I have poor drawing skills I figured to go ahead and give it a try the double layer that Saz sudjested. It came out well and I am well impressed with it. More then likely that is what I am going to use for shoulder armor.

l_ea02d86c1907466f986e560fc00af5f8.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so before I post up any photos of what I am going to do next I figured to just speak out instead of posting those loving photos that everyone loves up.

To start:

Mostly everyone knows that tomorrow is my birthday. Good part of that is I am heading out to the store with my friends where I'll be searching for some stuff for the mando armor that I am working on. This includes pants, belt, a sleeveless shirt, and gloves. Hopefully it wont be that much for me to start buy. I have some cash together and it will work well to get the soft stuff together before the armor comes into play.

After getting the black stuff I'll try it on and take a few photos to post up here and on the Mando Mercs site. Tomorrow night I'll take a sharpie marker and use cereal box's to draw what the armor is going to look like and possibly use the cereal box's as the shinny smooth area over the rough cardboard. So far everything is going well and I am hopping to get a good size mando helmet.

See you all soon with those updates.

Thanks guys. I appretiate that; well after going out today in search of stuff for the armor I only was able to buy a top that would work for the upper portion of the body armor. That was mostly it counting that I had only $30 to spend alone. I was lucky enough to even get the top for my costume. But as luck have it I managed to grab a hold of the top.

Along with that I searched through my room and came found something that would also work well for the armor and apart of the costume. Pretty cool if I may add. What I figured was to make it look like where my character (mando) recieved an injury. That is where I found out to use a gauze bandage with a few black marker markings on it to symbolize the battles my mando has been it. Maybe the bandage could be where he recieved a burn or something I am not entirly sure but here is a few photos.

l_6354a9f6cc4542ad85ab28acda9d61fe.png

l_b88e67ff138145808a3b620353368c43.png

The bandages wont be tight to cut of circulation but hey I figured it would be good on the armor.

The photos of that nerf light I have actually decided not to use that light. As stated I am on a small budged so I am using what I can get my hands on to make this armor for the next event that is coming in October here in AZ.

But as for what I came to grips with finding the stuff for the peaces of armor I came across this which seems to be working well for when the peaces of armor are made and put together.

l_d76c9808f00a4af3b956bbc8b7b6803f.png

l_8e89ec99d81e4a2a973b6350c06686da.png

l_395f0460a25a4cd7b5aac05829856c8f.png

Now for the second and third pictures and with that top for the first one I am going to be doing some modifications with scissors (if I can spell tonite LOL!). So hopefully tomorrow I'll get that done and move forward to showing pictures of it finished. I had fun today doing all of this stuff and am looking forward to what is to come tomorrow.

FYI, superwallmart has Duckcloth for abotu 3-4 bucks a yard. you need less actually. You can use that to make your vest.

Yeah sewing and all that is not one of my strong points of interest espically in the vest portion of a costume. Maybe in vest wise along with the tops that I will be using maybe I can manage through with purchasing a sturdy vest from Wal*Mart or search in for Goodwill to see what comes up. I got me some cash to move forward and hopefully it will be good enough to purchase all what I need.

0081192001250_215X215.jpg

Does that vest zip up all the way? If yes, I think it'd work nicely. Though I would watch the armpit/pectoral area for having enough fabric to go under the armor.

Hopefully it will; but if it does not then it will be a good thing that I will have black on underneath. So don't worry I have an alternative just in case it does not work as planned. Remember, to always have a plan B. LOL!

Hey guys here is an update. I managed to find my old pair of riding ATV gloves I used until I recieved a new pair. So I figured to go ahead and use these as apart of my mando armor. Because of that O'Neal symbol on it I am going to have some hand-plate to hide the symbol.

l_ce0e152a8f6847389dc953e75990e59b.png

l_23c4ed062246488fa0308cc660b1e823.png

The good thing about it is that the gloves already have the unique red color I have been looking for. So this means I really don't have to go out and search for a pair of gloves for my mando armor.

Now the only good referance I came to for hand-plate armor was the clone hand plates and this is the only photo I manage to pick up through a search through Google.

Hand_plates.jpg

But hey they look good to get some good stuff for hand-plates so that is really fine by me. Now don't get me the wrong way I am making a lot of progress on this costume. Found a few peaces of cardboard and I am going to use cereal box's as a top smoothing surface for the armor. You all know my limited supply of money. Well hopefully, I'll have the chance to head to Wal*Mart to get the vest I need as well as some velcro and some extra paint. But I wont go into paint as of yet.

Now I know many of you know about the whole Bluetooth stuff and how certain things can sync into cell phones. Well I was very relieved when I recieved a bluetooth headset for my PS3 as I do a lot of online play with Guitar Hero Metallica. Now I do recieve phone calls through my phone and I was happy when I found out that this bluetooth set could pair with my LG Chocolate from Verizon.

l_1740ccf5f8e24a65bde388741fd120e9.png

So because of the calls I recieve; I am definitly going to be using this sweet device along with my phone that way when I have a call I don't have to take off my bucket and pick up my cell phone and answer it. True it maybe inside a black face mask that also acts as my neck seal but I really believe that this will go a long way with the constant calls I recieve. LOL!

a mando vest woudl still be easier, and far cheaper. Hell you live here, ill make you one. the zipper doesnt do it for me. unless you wore it backwards.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back