NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume

Okay I may of slipped a little bit today but I did manage to get some stuff done with my weapon and helmet. In terms of my weapon I painted up the trigger of the weapon to give it that more serious look to it. Now it truly does look like a DC-15S clone blaster seen from The Clone Wars. I kept the trigger orange seeing as Halloween is coming up and the colors are orange and black LOL!

l_d5a049610db14c53a81055caa3a3d9cc.png

Now for my helmet. I did not add on the red and black colors just yet. When looking the bucket over I and my family noticed some drops that were noticable on the helmet. So had to head to the store and get some sand paper to sand the helmet down and re-paint. Luckily, this time I had some help LOL! Here is now the helmet with a more fresh coat of paint on. Tomorrow I'll be adding on the red color to it which will look a lot better. And hopefully, I will be able to get to Home Depot to get the material for the visor.

l_194c60d84a5446f6b3173fd167c34303.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, your DC looks great! Love the orange trigger. ;) Can't wait to see your helmet painted.

Thanks a lot vod. I thought it would turn out good and sure enough it did. I am proud that I got that done.

-----

Now, lets talk on some updates. Business did catch up with me today but that did not stop me from working on the mando helmet with some help. I was able to get all the tape down before the red paint was added onto where it was. Enough of that here are the photos before and after.

Before (with the tape):

l_7a4e1630833e4f67a7ebad909d2388d9.png

l_57228505b2ee4540a42569c09caa440c.png

l_d7db43e9c36f47a7bb6e2f51120492e8.png

l_1091e4f384f2424c8c99c4868816eb25.png

After (removing the tape)

l_f56ebe490d1b422485926c43ff9d2ea0.png

l_02cf6586db374cc3a97a129809ecea5c.png

l_3f5d146ee38f40f7ae6fe44b400a4632.png

l_8daedb0c3171457bbddcca31adac04c4.png

Tomorrow will be the final stuff of black. It truly is turning out to be a mandalorian helmet. Keep watching guys; its almost there.

thats how I did my battle damage on my black bucket.
Remember you can do the toothpaste masking which is cheaper than using painters tape in the long run.

Yeah but be careful with the toothpaste! I just did the removal of toothpaste on my girlfriend's armor and it was a disaster. I used the Krylon Fusion paint (2 layers) and tried my washing off method. The fusion paint turned out to me TOO latex-y. The paste wanted to wash off, but the Krylon just stretched. I ended up using one of those dish washing sponges that are attached to the handle you fill with soap. It turned out ok and looked chipped, but some of the sliver undercoat came off with it.

So long story short, just be conscious of what paint you use if you mask with toothpaste!

PS - if your interested, check out my Mando couple thread...I built our belt pouches with pleather and it turned out awesome! $8 and I churned out 15 pouches with hot glue, scissors and luck in about 2 hours.

I was on the verge of using toothpaste to add in more battle damage but decided not to as I do need the toothpaste to keep my mouth minty fresh in those early mornings when I have dragon breath. So hopefully I will get to the store today to get the stuff for the visor and some silver and black paint to touch up on rust and add in stuff for the helmet and the armor when it comes time.

after your krylon base layer (to stick to the plastic) you can switch to rattle can "automotive" paints which when dry will come off clean.

Got some work done today. Did take a while to get the helmet set up for the final painting process of black. But in the long run turned out to be really good. I am overall very impressed with the work performed on the helmet. So I will stop talking for now and let my photos do the rest.

Before Painting (with tape):

l_a834e1e2907f43d78e40cd5cbb492aae.png

l_509b76988ed64741b368cbd35cb69a1d.png

l_87e02abcce614574b809452b35c31d30.png

l_6475cb4335434188954d18a9fff2d70c.png

After Painting (waiting for it to dry):

l_3e20802e58f442939d21d55c7502f8df.png

Completely Dry (removing tape):

l_00069f42903d4adabb922ab2e33d2560.png

l_9a0f03d6f7764ebbb408c00a0e64ed28.png

l_55c66ba4fd2e4ba3a948f355629123ad.png

l_458201754dc348b59ad72ce61740420e.png

Next thing on my list is getting the ear pieces painted up and connecting them to the side. This will also include the t-visor which I am hopping to get the material tomorrow so I can add it in along with the ear pieces. Which will possibly come after school.

----

Another thing to add on; I was going through trying to find the right hand glove to one of my gloves but could not find it at all. Then with help; I came across a glove that did not cover entire fingers. So this is what I will be using. I had a guess of it having that feel like what Anakin Skywalker went through when he lost his hand and placed a large glove over it. LOL!

l_93d76112c0c341e4aa1471eec4ec6eff.png

I am not entirly sure if I am going to be able to go to the saboten con. My friend has changed his mind yet again on going. I was really hoping to go with him but because of him changing his mind yet again I am not sure if I will make it. If I do it will be a mirecol. If not expect to see the complete set at the Phoenix Con.

BLACKWASH!!!

...then silver touch-up...

then...MORE BLACKWASH!!!

That is the way it's done. :p

:cheers
A'den

P.S.- You need a ride to Sabo? Quite a few of us are going, and I think at least one of us can get you a ride. Heck, I can prolly get you there if it comes down to it.

well what i did for mine is i used water and black Vallejo.... (prolly didn't spell that right) paint basically its citadel (brands name) paint sept i think its better than citadel paints. then i i just dipped a paper towel in just a lil and beat the heck out o my armor with it while gently fluffing over it with a clean paper towel, i then used a mat varnish/sealer over it....you can get those at most comic shops that sell warhammer minis. and if you wana keep the shininess of the paint on the armor you can get a gloss varnish/sealer as well

p.s. i used a lot of water with about half the bottle of paint.... the cup was maybe a 20oz cup and i filled it about .25 of the way then added the paint... just really watered down paint B^P

Boy does life suck....well in terms of searching for things for armor. I have been to two stores: Home Depot and Harbor Frieght in search for material to make a T-Visor for my helmet. Home Depot had nothing that could come even close to something like that. And then Harbor Frieght? Well they had the material of a face shield but it was to light of a color and they had the mesh kind. So I may not have a t-visor for my helmet for Halloween.

To strike against that (since my family is going out of town tomorrow) I will have to take black mesh and tape it into the helmet until I get a T-Visor for the helmet. Not much but it is something that I am hopping to accomplish after Halloween. Will just have to keep searching for stuff that can help in getting a T-Visor. Really does suck GRRRR!!!!

This might help if you can't find any locally. I ordered from here for my visors when I use to have a shop. You'll want model number HU-H9154D which runs for about 7 bucks. Shipping will be where the cost is so the total price will come out to about 14 bucks if you only get one. Normally I'd buy a few so that the shipping cost to product cost would be worth it.

Looking good so far.

BTW: That visor is a Shade 5, just in case you want to go check the one at your local place. Or maybe they could order it for ya.

thats a good visor, but if you want custom color, you can get the clear XXX9154 and get colored window tint for other colors. I ordered mine a few days ago to use with my blue mirror tint for my snow mando.
So you can make your visor match your paint scheme, or you could of course get one from the flea of bay. Like my red one which I now have silver mirror tint to put on it to make red mirror.

That maybe my only possibility. I had a lot of help with painting the helmet so I am probally going to recieve help with my visor. I know I wont have a visor for Halloween so I am sticking with mesh until I can get that face shield. I am not sure what color to have for my visor. As you can see my paint scheme on my helmet is red and black. I really don't think a red visor would work well. To much color LOL! But will just have to see until then.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back