NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume

yes, but shooting bents into it and bumping into something relatively hard while trooping and adding dents that way are different. :lol:

and why not use the 22 gauge? it is only a few bucks more, and isnt that much more difficult to form (having worked with 16gauge, nothing is difficult after that...:p:lol:), and is relatively thicker and more sturdy...

hahahaha!!! somwbody wearing 16 gauge armour! :p:lol: gotta watch out for those guys...

Jay, do have a link to your first armour build? I remember reading it somewhere...but I cant find it now...:facepalm

Thanks bro!
:cheers
A'den

How heavy is aluminum or steel when you wear it? I may go for the steel on a set since it's only like $30.00 to make a set.

I still have my trash can sets in the works. (Darn I'm slow)

But my sister in law is here right now, so I'll ask her if she can sew my velcro on for my trash can armor then it'll be even closer.

XLNT!
Okay, the edges need to be curled right (obviously) so I dont cut myself or soft parts. I got some aviation snips, easy enough, but what do I need to form/curve it?

so the plates are flat? I thought the conformed to the shape of the chest like my trash can style?

OH IDEA!! I CAN WRAP THE STEEL AROUND TRASH CAN PLATES?!
Think that'll be ok?

Cool, I'm headed to the postoffice to get some envelopes to make the son's bucket.

Sorry for hijacking the thread commander ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what; it's quiet alright. It gave me some information of what I really can do with this set of mando armor and what I can work on. I would of signed on today at 6:00a.m. but had a dentist appointment to finish through the last three fillings I had in my mouth. After that and after the numbness went away went out and ate at Culver's with mom and sister then returned home after getting a college book for PVCC.

The information is good to know. But the set of armor that my mom is helping me get is a good well price except for shipping but she said not to worry about it. It will save me a lot more instead of having to go out and buy a bunch of materials to make the armor. I'll still need some velcro peaces and stuff to attach the armor with but I'm fine with that.

Depending on what I'm doing during the weakeneds we will have to see what comes through. If I do manage to get the stuff I'm recieving help with I'll still continue through with the cardboard stuff but will just give it to my nephew for a helmetless coustume for him for halloween. Figure I'd be nice LOL!

Red and black is prettymuch my colorscheme too...
Heres a pic or two of my helmet.
(Need a second layer on it, though...I'll have that on in a bit)

My mando helmet.jpg

Back of my mando helmet.jpg

I'll have a pic of my full costume as soon as I find that perfect cape and bend and paint the thigh guards and finish my second layer on that helmet and paint the rangefinder...
And so on.
Oh yes...
I actually didn't order a new visor...
I got a bit inventive, as 15 bucks was a bit much, and this costume really isn't gonna be my first, so I might as well save some of that money.
I bought this bandana, cut it up a bit, taped it to my helmet, discovered I could see through it and nobody could see in as long as my head was in there...
So, I think I saved a bit of money on that.
Did I?

A'den you can use the planishing technique to achieve what were talking about.

that is however the only way to really make metal armor, unless you've a nice trailer hitch!

:D

sorry to hear you wont be making metal armor with us. will you still be coming to make your vest and or hang out and see how armor is made and ask all the questions you want? ton of people coming.

I'll move my butt over to Wal*Mart and get some material for the vest. And if luck holds true then I'll show up to the party and see what its all about to get the vest made. No worries and thanks!!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back