First Mando

I've heard a lot of people say that boiling water works well too, but it's a bit difficult to put a collar in a pot so I was thinking about a heat gun as well, they are pretty handy on jobsites too.

Of course if I could dig up a really old pre-regulation hair dryer like the one my dad has that'd be even better. Seriously, he has this hair dryer that was his sisters when she was in high school around 20 years ago and it gets so freaking hot it's as good as most heat guns I've seen.

I had a dryer like that, it got so hot I could see the coils inside turn red :lol:

I know I'm a guy, but hey I gotta look my best right ;)

So between 26 hrs of work a week, four classes (including English Thesis), work around the house, and having people over for dinner every week, I've not touched my Mando since I cut out those pieces with the rotozip/dremel thing. Such is life.

I've decided that when I get around to making a helmet I want to replace the typical range finder with a simpler RF set up on one side, a light on the other, and a fin on the top.

I'm debating about a hose in the back, or even an air tank on the helmet, but I think I may stick with the clean look of not having one. If clone and storm troopers don't need a hose why do I?

I'm trying to decide where I would like to place fans as well. I'm thinking that two small and one big in the back would give good air flow.

Thoughts?

I can get it to ya for cheap, like $40-$50 for all of the chest armor

wow, for that you can get about 10 sets or more chest armor from a 36"x42" square for 20 bucks.... or for 36 USD can get 89 feet by 4 feet of ABS or Sintra. someone is ripping you off man.

as for no one finishing their armor. speak for yourself... :)

wow, for that you can get about 10 sets or more chest armor from a 36"x42" square for 20 bucks.... or for 36 USD can get 89 feet by 4 feet of ABS or Sintra. someone is ripping you off man.

as for no one finishing their armor. speak for yourself... :)

As we dont have a skeptic eyebrow smiley...*insert skeptical eyebrow here* 10 sets of chest armour from a 36"x42" piece of material...c'mon man, really?

...and I'm assuming the 89 feet was a typo...

meant 8 feet by 4 feet.
and yes. you can get a 6foot by 3 foot peice of steel for just over 20 bucks....

my math might be bad, but i can personally get at least 4 sets from a 36x36

Symantic's :lol:

as for the fans, you can get the tk fan set off the 'bay ready made or just get a couple of 40mm cpu fans for the cheeks, and maybe (i say maybe depending on your hair) one for the rear.

Hey guys I just joined up over Mercs to see Aden's pics and was wondering if all of you who have an account over there too could post your name or a link so i can add you over there.

Ok guys here are a bunch of pics!

The first three are of my work shop/bench. The next two are my my loads of collected materials (the junk piles at work are treasure troves!). In the last pic on the top row you can see an old heater box that i'll bee using part of for a flame thrower and a potential lightsaber.#

The boxes are (in order) random greebles/lightsaber parts, armor/jetpack parts (that cone is the nozzel used for mid-air refueling of military planes!), gauntlet making materials, and blaster parts.

The first armor pic is my back armor: except for the collar which will need shaping they fit really well. The second is my ab and lower back plates stacked together to give you an idea of the "stacked" or "extra thick" look that most of my plates will have when I'm done.

The three pics of blue plates (no pun intended) are what were going to be (still might but I'm undecided) thigh plates. I cut then out of a trash can I had around, only to realize when i tried to clean them up with a razor knife and they snapped, that they are a different plastic than the white cans. I want my armor to be really durable (I plan to get "real" battle damage on them by playing paintball/airsoft in it) so I'm not sure I want something so brittle. They might be ok if i stack a white plate on top of them tough, we'll see.

So yeah that's where I'm at!

Oh and I'm going to be building a lightsaber for Levi to hang on his belt, so more one that (probably a whole new thread) soon!

PA170055.JPG

PA170066.JPG

PA170067.JPG

PA170068.JPG

PA170069.JPG

PA170070.JPG

PA170061.JPG

PA170062.JPG

PA170063.JPG

PA170065.JPG

PA210071.JPG

PA210072.JPG

PA210073.JPG

PA210074.JPG

PA210075.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back