Starting my first Mando today

Alpha 02

Active Hunter
Hey Everyone! Just to start I'd like to point out how amazing this website is. Everyone seems like great friends on here willing to help each other out.

Since you guys are like a family i was wondering if u could help me out. Im starting my Helmet today and i printed the Wizardofflight diagrams and checked out a bunch of other peoples helmets and im getting started.

Well my question is does anyone have any tips for me, like things i could watch out for and avoid or special add-ons i could use on my custom mando?

Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
When designing your mando you need to think of what specialty you want your mando to be... Sniper, Engineer, CQB etc. This will influence what tools you have on your gauntlets, your paint scheme and what plates of armour you will have etc... Thats really all the help i can give with out more information.

Tracyn

If you don't already have a plan for your colors or general armor configuration, let me suggest using the MandoMaker program.

Mandalorian Mercs MandoMaker

Next you need to decide what your going to use to make your armor. Metal, plastic, fiberglass/resin.

Take your time! That can never be stressed enough.

When designing your mando you need to think of what specialty you want your mando to be... Sniper, Engineer, CQB etc. This will influence what tools you have on your gauntlets, your paint scheme and what plates of armour you will have etc... Thats really all the help i can give with out more information.

Tracyn
Yes i was going more bountyhunter class
like been in the rough and seen a lot of action

Hey man! Im in the same boat starting out a mando (actually two
of them)! If you are starting out with WoF's helmet templates then
you seek a thread on this board by Antman!!!(search it out) that
will speed you on your way! There are some shortcuts you can take
with it depending on what you want to do. Look at what Saz is working on now and also check out jangojedi's custom mando build....both are very
helpfull to newbs like you and I. You CANT do enough research and prep/
groundwork for this stuff. Usually Im surfing these boards when I really
want to be in the garage. The surfing is saving me time in the long run.
Good luck with the build -lots of ppl will stop into your thread to check on ya! Why not post up a pic of what you've got to work with so far (that'd
maybe give other newbs ideas too!).
Cheers,
Mike

Hey Mike thanks! This will definatly help.
Ya I'll definatly post some pictures of my progress and if thatll help any one start their Armor I'll be prouder than a Tusken Raider after getting their first bantha!

nice. our old singer moved back there. i think shes a radio DJ as well as being in a band and a model. (Amanda Sonic)

sorry off topic.

Alright, last night i worked a little bit on the prep work. I cut out some of the helmet templates and taped them together to see what i should do when making it out of anything else. (Just wondering, what are some ideal materials?) I also sketched up a picture of a mandalorian (I will use this sketch to add on my details as they are decided.)

I am about to post the pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
I started by cutting out the front of the helmets templates

picture.php

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back