Starting my first Mando today

*sigh* it was looking so good :cry

well im kinda disappointed guys... i put the helmet on and, well its not lookin as good as i hoped

heres some pics :(

*and yes the flakvest is to big, i gotta get it tighter*

100_7956.jpg

100_7957.jpg

100_7958.jpg

100_7959.jpg

Dont forget it's your first bucket, just do a lot of battle damage like I did on mine ;), your second and subsequent buckets will be better, BUT there is NOTHING wrong with this one, trust me the paint will make a big dif.

Dude, I think it looks really good, it's gonna sit a little wobbley until the foam is put in, and your not done using the spot putty yet anyway.

Remember, your not going for Boba or Jango bucket, this is custom, lumps and bumps also come with the work Mando's do, think of any imperfections as narrow DARING escapes of a Mando out numbered and out of ammo... HAND TO HAND SHEB KICKIN!

:D ok youve convinced me :lol:

The other thing i want your opinion on is.... i think the helmets a little to wide for my likeing, and i havnt even put the earcaps on yet :(

Looks ok to me Levi'ka, piece of advice I would give is get a metal ruler (or anything that's tough with a flat surface) and surround it with Sand paper, then use long strokes over your lines, such as the brow rim, the T visor area (where it will meet the visor) and the rim of the bucket.

You'd be surprised how much the straightening of some lines will make the piece look 100 times better.

Keep it up though Levi'ka, you're getting there!

What he said, :)

Stick with it and don't be disheartened by the inbetween stage where it never seems to improve. Many quit at that point when their not far from having a great lid! Don't make the same mistake. ;)

Oh, and give it a quick spray of primer, the grey helps you find where the problem areas are and lets you know how far you get with sanding.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back