Pepakura clone helmet phase 2(comments welcome)

Hey again, i've decided to redo my helmet to insure top-class finish. Following this, i've sliced open the cheek area as the helmet cheek area is too shallow.
P1040199.jpg

Then i've sanded it and reconstructed it using bits of plastic to make a deep cheek area, which makes the helmet look more complex.
P1040215.jpg

PLUS,I've done the dome, yes,its nice and smooth,taking acount of everyones advice.Thks again.

Then, following this progress, i noticed how large and tall the helmet is, so i found a saw and sliced it open.I did feel weird about doing it, a bit sad.
:lol:
P1040216.jpg

I took off probabily about 3 cm off the top of the visor area and sanded it.
Plus, before this i had a large problem with the grey area which goes round the top of the helmet and bottom of the dome,i don't know whats it called.
P1040217.jpg

You would notice the difference if you try and compare it to my old pics.

Preety impressive for a starter, normally a rookie would give up at this moment, you haven't.Nice work.By the way, anyone know where i can find reference pics for the helmet from Clone wars animated.
Keep it up.

Due to unfortunate chain of events, my helmet was preety badly broken, many of the interior cracked.But there is still hope,:lol:, the remaining peices will be remade into the animated helmet seen in the animated clone war.
Will post more.

Hey again, its been quite some time from my last post.If people are still reading this thread, i have another noob question to help with the bucket,what clay should i consider buying which sets in the oven?
Answer would really help.

I thought I would make my own helmet. Didn't expect it to be like what I have seen today on this forum. I think I will just buy all my armor from all of you pros.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back