Anti-Security Blade Control Rod - Finally Confirmed!!!

Awesome find!! (y) I just saw the WIKI and flipped. :wacko

ditto!

Great find.

Can't wait to see what the machined set will look like and cost...

Out of curiosity, is there a second hole, maybe one that doesn't go all the way through, under the sticker? Will the machined version have the second hole?

There is no second hole under that foil label mate. Believe me I've checked.

Skip would know... (y)
When I first told Skip about my find/purchase I sent him a couple of pics of the stylus brush. Just for him to turn round and say that his dads got one? :lol:

The idea is that the second hole will be added as per ref pics, I'm in discussions with Mitchells to ask if there has been some design evolution or scrapped parts etc to try and determine the second.
'thoughts' are that they added the second to the prop so that it neither slid up or down against the other, or revolved. looks to be held with a bronze piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL! Pity I didn't know of the brush arm's importance earlier! LOL! You should have my part delivered this morning Gav. ;)

Like I said to you Gav, I think that second hole was added by the prop makers to secure the two arms/parts together. I did a quick photoshop pic to show my theory on that second hole:

Shin Mock.jpg

You can see how that second hole lines up with the original hole on Gavs part and mine. Maybe they added a second hole to one of the arms, so that they could secure it to the second arm using it's existing hole.

Makes sense to me but there could have been variants of that part made by Mitchell?

I think the theory about the two holes is sound.

This piece is also the handle of Lando's Cloud City comlink and for that it has only the one original hole.
Most likely only one of Fett's has two holes.

Chris, I don't know if you remember that far back, but this is really the piece that started it all for me back on the RPF, because everyone thought these pieces were an exacto-knife handle! In a small way, it was this piece and arguing about what it was, or back then, about what it was not, that started TDH! I wish those threads were still around as information like that and other finds were sadly lost.

While I agree with everyone's ideas on the second hole, I have to disagree on only one of Fett's pieces having the second hole. Now, I may just be seeing what I want to see, but I believe on one of the anti-secutiy blades, you can see the second hole on the back stylus brush as well as on the front one. It is hard to see with the two pressed together, but I believe it is there. My assumption is, if they did drill them for Fett, they just quickly drilled through all of them but one hole ends up not being used.

I'd be in for an accurate set of these. I'm so glad I found this site so that my anal retentiveness...I mean meticulous personality has a place to stay

There is no second hole under that foil label mate. Believe me I've checked.

Skip would know... (y)
When I first told Skip about my find/purchase I sent him a couple of pics of the stylus brush. Just for him to turn round and say that his dads got one? :lol:

The idea is that the second hole will be added as per ref pics, I'm in discussions with Mitchells to ask if there has been some design evolution or scrapped parts etc to try and determine the second.
'thoughts' are that they added the second to the prop so that it neither slid up or down against the other, or revolved. looks to be held with a bronze piece.

Cool stuff. Adding a hole makes sense as does the reason for it; so does the idea that there were variations of the piece made.

I'm just glad the piece was confirmed!

Great Score Mojo! I can;t wait to see you work your... well... MOJO on these!! Since I'll never own an authentic part (let alone 2) you bet your keester I'll be getting a Mojo crafted version! :lol:

The two hole thing was certainly a deal breaker for some to ID the stylus brush as the found part
Discussed here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=25888

But I am glad that this has been confirmed.

As a FYI, the stylus brush that Transcriptors.net offers is the incorrect one and could take up to 9 months for shipping. I wouldn't recommend buying theirs for your security blade.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back