Resolved: Problems on Firefox after changes

mmgraphics

Active Hunter
Hi Admin-Staff,

I always used my firefox to get on this forum.
Now after several people had problems with their **** IE8, you seem to have made several changes.:angry

On my firefox several graphics don´t show up anymore!:(

The header is gone, the "open new thread" button is gone ... as well as several other important buttons that are "graphical" and not text.

I am not able to use the forum correctly if those failures keep going.:cry

If someone else should have noticed this with his firefox too, it would be good if you post it here too.(y)

Maybe it´s just my ff, but I am sure it´s the changes that are made for the IE8 users. :facepalm

Cheers,
Manuel

BTW: Get rid of the IE8:angry and be happy to have no probs and no serious security lacks anymore!

Are you using the latest version of firefox? I am on 3.5 and haven't had any issues.

Last edited:
Yes, I am on 3.5 now, was on 3.0.1 before ... but still the same issues.

No header, no "start thread" or "answer" buttons, no icons before the new answered threads.

Something must have happened while you´re preparing for the new Design of TDH.

Never had any issues before.

Hope you´re able to fix it because I won´t take the buggy IE to get into this forum.

And I definately wanna stay here! ;-)

So please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, let's figure this out. Nobody else has mentioned missing graphics in Firefox (yet). We did change a few graphics in place, not specifically for Explorer, which might not match what's in your browser cache.

In Firefox, can you try:
1. go to Tools -> Clear Recent History
2. select "Everything" from the popup menu
3. click the Clear Now button
4. load some pages on this site and others, and post your results here.

Hey Rich,

I did as you said, but it´s still the same.

I never had those issues before ... for over a year now.

here´s what it looks like: (Screenshot)

tdh.jpg

I just noticed that in advanced mode textediting I have not one single icon or smiley ... nothing ... I´ll make a screenshot too and post it afterwards.

I had to insert this picture-link by hand and hope it works out.

Interesting. And that's just on TDH, no other sites? If you go to Tools -> Options -> Content, you have Load images automatically checked, and under Exceptions, you don't have thedentedhelmet.com listed?

Rich, that was it!
Why the hell is "thedentedhelmet.com" listet under blocked sites? I never did anything to block the pictures?

I am a bit weird now ... :confused This is crazy ...

But thank you very much Rich!

Now I can lean back again and watch my dearest forum!!! (y)

;) Thanks my brother! I owe you some ...

it's possible to accidentally block images from a site. i've done it a couple of times on my linux laptop... it's got a flaky mouse and sometimes the clicks do different things than i intend.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back