need help on first mando

This is kinda vague. If you could give some more info about what you want to create and what parts you need help with, then maybe we could point you in the right direction.
My first suggestion is look at the custom mando threads. There's plenty of stuff to get you started. :)

the very first thing you need to do is go find the Wizard of Flight Templates. also decide on which of the three type of mandos you want to be.

light - kinda like boba...knees only on legs
medium - shins and knees or just shins
heavy. - like jango

dont worry about color or anythign until the end.

saves time.

the very first thing you need to do is go find the Wizard of Flight Templates. also decide on which of the three type of mandos you want to be.

light - kinda like boba...knees only on legs
medium - shins and knees or just shins
heavy. - like jango

dont worry about color or anythign until the end.

saves time.

Jango is considered a medium set of armor. Heavy is either completely or close to completely enclosed (Like Stormtrooper or Republic Commando).

Most people tend to go with light or medium sets for their first sets of armor as they tend to not need joint protection or worry about hinged enclosures.

Personally, I would stick with a light set as your first set...and start with your helmet as that alone will give you a great perspective on how you want the rest of your armor to come out.

don't forget aluminum or steel. easy to work with and will do your bidding! you can make a whole set of armor sometimes two from one sheet, minus the backplate of course.

;)

don't forget aluminum or steel. easy to work with and will do your bidding! you can make a whole set of armor sometimes two from one sheet, minus the backplate of course.

;)

Metal works to, but in my opinion it's not nearly as easy for a first-timer as plastic or sintra and have come out looking really nice.

Here's a couple posts from over at Mercs, just because we have them sticked as tutorials WIP posts so they are easy to get at:

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=2491.45

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=484.0

I'm sure if you look through the variant board here you will find some trash-can builds as well.

good point Tom. i however had a rough time with the plastic and sintra versions a while back. i started with metal. i think you just need a good person there with you and show you how to do it.

anyone remember Armand from on here?

l_3f398bd6020456ee72a74536d7931bf8.jpg

med_gallery_30_11790.jpg

i believe hes the second custom after Tim Arp. (who i have pictures of as well) He's the guy in green and mustard.

metal just seemed easier to make than heating and bending plastic to fit your body.

there are pluses and minuses for both options. id say make the two chest plates out of both and see which one looks better! and than go from there.

sure you can!

you get a pair of sheers from home Depot or Lowe's or ACE hardware for cutting sheet metal. about 9-16 bucks. works like scissors.

i would assume trash can armor you'd need a dremmel, which can be messy.

:D

A dremel can be rather messey, but they cut very nicely. I made my armor out of a big 13 gallon sterlite rounded trashcan. I experimented with several ways to cut the trascan.

First I tried to use the type of scissors that BH-7603 pointed out. I found the scissors didnt work very well because they didnt maneuver cleanly, even when cutting out big chunks! :facepalm

The next method was rather stupid of me.:lol: I took out my nice box cutter and used that. I got really lucky with it. I was about to cut some nice curves, but with a fair about of mistakes. (Plus I wasnt wearing any protection so that got the best of me there, I eneded up slicing the top joint of my left index finger off.:cry You know the part around the knuckle that bends with ur finger? Sorry im no medical doctor and dont really :D )

The dremel by far worked the best. You just have to be really careful with it and take ur time.
Just my 2 cents there.;)
I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
-Nevu

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back