My Custom Mando Armor... "ONE END"

Looks good! Very nice paint scheme, it ties everything in together nicely.

Seeing as you're still waiting on your girth belt, thus haven't tried it with the rest of the gear yet, you might want to keep in mind that you may need to shorten your back plate a bit. If you check both Boba and Jangos back plates you'll notice that neither cover the girth belt... a slight over lap at the top maybe, but yours will cover the entire girth belt.

Just some food for thought.

Looks good! Very nice paint scheme, it ties everything in together nicely.

Seeing as you're still waiting on your girth belt, thus haven't tried it with the rest of the gear yet, you might want to keep in mind that you may need to shorten your back plate a bit. If you check both Boba and Jangos back plates you'll notice that neither cover the girth belt... a slight over lap at the top maybe, but yours will cover the entire girth belt.

Just some food for thought.

Yes, I brought this up over at Mercs. The bottom of the back plate is almost even with the bottom of the gut plate on a modern set.

I am worried that you may have 3 outcomes with that long backplat:

1. It rests ontop of your girth belt, but sticks out at the bottom.

2. It rests on your girth belt and physically cuts into the belt (my old backplate did this and it was just bearly on my girth).

3. You wear your girth over your backplate, but the first time you try to bend over you snap your backplate.

Armor so far looks great! I just worry a bit about that back plate.

The material I used is very flexible "it shouldnt break" and I was going to put the belt over it.... But even if I shorten it the vest it is on is only an inch shorter so I don't think it will make much diff. if I cut it down, I like it being that long as I have kidney protection.... Also the belt was going to go over the front of the vest as well so whether its covering vest or back armor my ability to bend may be compromised either way... but I will work the bugs out as I go, and I may have to cut the back armor up a tad... we shall see...

As for the glue that was suggested thank you! I have been using Epoxy on quite a bit of stuff on this suit just wish I had like 5 gal. of it!

any glue out here will melt in the direct sunlight. which is everywhere. Arizona is a different animal for costuming, as the 115+ heat or like the other day 121 will def destroy any plastic armor like sintra for any exposed periods of time in the direct sunlight or shadows. ive seen helmet get misshapen while being worn, armor warp out of shape sitting on the trunk of a car, or industrial glue and epoxy and jb-weld just come off.

so choose wisely if you're in a dry heat burnt state! but in saskatoon. no need to worry mate!

Jay, sintra actually stands up well to the heat...amazingly...my 3mm set has lasted in the heat for a couple of hours just fine...:D

Looks AWESOME thomas!!! Amazing work on everything, and you did it all so bloody fast!!! amazing!!! (y)

:cheers
A'den

Thanks Josh! thanks for the help on the Gaunt!

Also to show you what I used instead of responding again with "I used a plastic storage container" in response to the "what material did you use?" question...
Here's a pic...
1005.jpg

A plastic storage container....

Jay, sintra actually stands up well to the heat...amazingly...my 3mm set has lasted in the heat for a couple of hours just fine...:D

Looks AWESOME thomas!!! Amazing work on everything, and you did it all so bloody fast!!! amazing!!! (y)

A'den

****, really? ive seen some bad luck than! my vinyl jango helmets dont like the heat, thats for sure. my original has shattered with bad temp change, as well as falling in a garage of abotu 130 degree.

but im more concerned abtou the vinyl glue. its horrible.

My vinyl biker scout helmet melted when it was too close to the radiator.

Vinyl is a horrible substance to keep shape!

That's pretty sweet! I didn't see the machete on your belt, though! I like all those little pieces of armor everywhere. Are you going to do jetpack?

dude, i did a paint job on a motorcycle that was almost the same color as your mando.....i wish i still had that bike, it'd go great with that awesome storage container youre wearing

LOL! Yeah going to do a jet pack, Starting on it next month. Along with a custom set of Gauntlets...

The Bike would be sweet! Would love to see the paint job!

Tried to post last night, but couldnt get it to work, so I will say again:

AWESOME!!! Looks amazing bro!!! I need to know how you did that girth belt, I've been trying to get mine to look like that for a while and cant get it right.

Take pics at Comic con!!!

A'den

So I bought this nerf gun off a friend for 10$....
Then I had some wire covers...
Found a telescope in the trash....
A Dremel....
Some Bondo & sander/paper....
Paint/tape....
Foamie sheet...
Card board tube...
Random bits & peaces...
My creative mind....

Let the pics tell the story the best they can @ this point....
Armorparty3002.jpg

Armorparty3003.jpg

Armorparty3008.jpg

Armorparty3009.jpg

Armorparty3010.jpg

Armorparty3011.jpg

Armorparty3012.jpg

Armorparty3013.jpg

Armorparty3020.jpg

Armorparty3022.jpg

Armorparty3026.jpg

Armorparty3030.jpg

Armorparty3032.jpg

Finishing touches...
Armorparty3037.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back