final fitting before San Diego ADJUSTED SHOULDERS need opinions

Jango 5204

Active Hunter
Got my Ladysewforus suit all dyed. The color is really sharp, it will fade with time and washing. New Cruzer cold cast upper body armor/ helmet on a new Ladysewforus vest. A final fitting was needed so I can make identify any adjustments that need to be made before San Diego Comic Con.

Things to fix:

1) The shin armor was sagging. I was wearing sport socks, so the elastic straps were against my bare leg. That won't happen with regular socks.
2) the back plate hangs way over the girth belt. Trim backplate a touch.
3) I'm currently running 23 bolo cords on the girth. I went taller to be proportional to the taller ammo pouches, to be proportional to my 6 Ft height.( No offense to you accurate sized Jango people.). :lol: I think I'm going to trim off one cord from the top.

Anyone see anything else that needs to be fixed or adjusted?

P7050436.JPG

P7050432.JPG

P7050433.JPG

P7050445.JPG

P7050449.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...that´s one of the better I´ve seen, I´m no Jango expert though, but that costume looks to fit perfect.

Nice job!

Cruzer is funny. I'm pretty sure he's shorter than Jango. I keed, I keed.

Craig, I was skeptical that the upgrades would make much difference because your previous suit was really great. I have to say that your upgrades look fantastic! There's a huge difference, and the armor looks great! Well done. (y)(y)

Cruzer is funny. I'm pretty sure he's shorter than Jango. I keed, I keed.

Craig, I was skeptical that the upgrades would make much difference because your previous suit was really great. I have to say that your upgrades look fantastic! There's a huge difference, and the armor looks great! Well done. (y)(y)

The fitting of the suit makes a huge difference. The other suit was baggy and gave a short "dumpy" look. This one fits like la 2nd skin and changes the whole look.:lol:lol::lol: Does it make my butt look fat?:lol:lol::lol:

I just got a comment from Jango72 over at the 501st forums. He pointed out the shoulders should be rotated more forward. I agree with that, but only to a certain extent. I'm 6-00+ 240 lbs. Not exactly accurate Jango size. The armor is a set size. For me to have the vest shoulders made and attached at the accurate points would make the shoulder armor look small. I already had the shoulders rotated forward of center before I attached the armor. To go more, in my opinion, would make the suit look like it didnt have any shoulders from the back. I probably have the armor spread a little on the wide side to help cover my taller torso. All of these size adjustments will make the shoulders appear to be even farther from the correct point. I'm pretty thick from front to back, my last sport coat was a 51", so I try to find a happy medium and do the best with what I've got. I'm a too big for Jango and not big enough for my Vader. My first choice was a Jawa, but eventually settled on Jango.:lol:

I guess you miss understood what I meant. I didn't mean for you to rotate the shoulders forward, but rather to have a new leather shoulder part made that's a bit wider at the sides. Seeing as I can't draw worth beans with photoshop, I'll try to explain in words as best I can.

Your current vest shoulder is shaped like a U ( if you look at it from a birds-eye angle ). My suggestion is to widen/stretch out the top of the U, so that the sides will extend further down the side of the vest. Which will give the visual impression of the shoulders being bigger.

If that still doesn't make any sense, please let me know so that I can hand draw you a horrible picture and scan it.

And for the record... I'm pretty sure that Cruzer is shorter then Tem. Please don't hit me Cruz.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back