Translation needed...help needed

Scoutleader

Active Hunter
A good friend of mine sent me a link to a website with a good tutorial on building a At-St helmet.
It is a fantasic resource for my project of put together a worthy At-St uniform to seek membership(finally after years of following the 501st).
The only problem is that the site in Italy(I think)and well....I cant read Italy.
If you can translate the photo text of the helmet build it would help me a ton.And if you know the maker of the helmet kit "he" is building that would help also.

Thank you
Mike

Here's your translation. Would have been a bit easier if the person hadn't embedded all the Italian text in an image. Not completely perfect translation, but free. :D

The starting point is one of my helmets snow version "without the bump". It's been formed with silver ABS in practice is metallic paste... The first step is to mark cutting lines where I'm planning to put rubber trim.

Just to be picky, at the suggestion of Ciccio TA5205, I decided to remove the bump detail on the back of the helmet, and make a smooth surface visible from the front. Probably no one would have noticed (covered it up) ... but I did it anyway!

The piece has been cut and pasted from the front to the back. Doing so, rather than using bondo, keeps the construction of the helmet completely in ABS, thus maintaining the flexibility and uniqueness of the material.

The seam between the pieces was adhered using the dissolved ABS, according to the now ultra-tested technique SZS.

Then I sanded it smooth. On the back there is a second grafted ABS plate to maintain the line and level of the new piece.

I finished the bulk of the job, I have masked the scratches that I want keep sliver using toothpaste. After the painting is finished I clean the toothpaste off. Some of the original AT-ST helmets have several scrostature [peeled/exposed paint layers].

Trying to fit the "greeblie". A big thanks to Matthias Lengel of German Garrison. It takes a good ranger "movie accurate" (the correct piece of V8 model kit engine; enabled me to replicate).

Since the antenna is a resin piece, I preferred to rebuild with a PVC pipe for added resistance to impact. Cut the previous one, I screwed the new antenna, giving a slight angle to the inside as the original.

[could use better translation] Unfortunately there are no other progress pics! Having dirtied the helmet with an airbrush, I proceeded to the polish it to a shine. The difficulty in replicating the mimicry of the original (horrible!) is to appear in the sprayed wanted something in black and not two random cans (which they are).

Polishing had the negative effect of darkening the color (over the surface is rough, the reflected light;
but in a decidedly acceptable range. the positive side is that rubbing it in unevenly obtained an irregular texture similar to those found on military helmets, which adds realism.

The chin is one of my thermoformed chin cups, used in many places in SW (rebel pilots, death star troopers, gunners, AT-ST pilots, etc.). The following photos photos of the finished helmet!

doesn't spaghetti prop post as Dark-Side here? does a bunch of cold cast stuff for jango?

I have a mustache ( don't all real men have facial hair????) and I speak italian. but the episode is funny as well

WOW...Rich D thank you so much for taking the time to translate and posting.
Reason #1 why I love this community members are always so helpful to folks they will never meet or know in person but share the same common goaland passion.
Thank you again
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back