LVLP Air Gun for painting

Bubba Fett

Well-Known Hunter
Are there any decent LVLP guns that you someone might recommend? What's the typical hp requirement for these? Any of these run on less than 1hp, or does that limit you to an air brush?

I have no idea on these and not sure what I would be looking at to get into one that is decent - don't need the best and greatest, but don't want something that is going to just make a mess of my props either.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Hi, I'm new here. I was looking for templates for a DLT-19. Anyway........

I'm a painting contractor. What you are looking for is a HVLP. (High volume/Low pressure) I'm sure that you are wanting something inexpensive. I saw this at Harbor Freight and it seemed pretty good. It says that it has 60 scfm and 4 psi. The 4 psi is on the low side, but for spraying thinned paint it should work fine.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=66297

I thought I would do a search and came up with this one. Wagner makes Professional sprayers under the Spraytec line. Wagner is their consumer equipment. With this being on sale it is a good buy. It says that you can spray oil base paints with it. Also, you can get replacement parts!

http://www.gleempaint.com/wagner-control-spray-plus.html

Of course, the more you spend the better sprayers are. What to look for is more SCFM/ PSI numbers. The key to these inexpensive HVLP's, is the paint has to be thin. If it is too thick it will spray a globy finish. Yes that is a technical term. lol Really, an orange peel finish.

Hope this helps.

Exactly the info I was looking for - THANKS! (y)

4psi is actually good. I have a very small compressor so that should work. Yeah, understand the thinning thing. Used to paint a LOT, so remembered that it was a combo of air and paint consistency.

Thanks again, and welcome :cheers to the board.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back