Transformers 2...is it that bad

Scoutleader

Active Hunter
Disclaimer:I have not seen the movie yet

From some of the postings I have read at other sites the storyline for the Transform is not that good and the first one is better.And that the movie is pretty much nothing but Michael Bay dramatics with CG.
Should I wait for the DVD???

Nah go see it dude. I took 3 regular, non-geek, non-comic, wine sippin' snooty chicks and we all loved it. I liked it better than the first one. It' non stop action

No it wasn't that bad. We could have done without the twins...but it was actually kinda funny to have some comic relief. There is definitely more human interaction in this one, but all in all the movie was what I was expecting.

Just watched the first one again tonight in preparation for No 2.... and man... there is a lot of stinker moments, even in the first movie. I do enjoy the action, so I hope the action will win me over in the sequel. It is primarily the "slow" and "humor" moments that kill the first one for me. The writing and acting are so bad it is painful and embarrassing to watch... and I swear they used the same music as Con Air/Armageddon/The Rock in the first movie... Hope it is something different in this one!

I enjoyed it... it was action packed, funny, amazing cgi, megan fox, hahaha.... srsly tho, I don't really pick at things, I just enjoy them for what they are... Great movie IMO.

el1te

I'm taking my 2 sons to it next weekend. We loved the first one and the trailer looks good for the second. If nothing else a good day out with my boys!

No it's not that bad at allllllll, as a matter of fact, my girlfriend (who by the way hadn't seen the first film and knew nothing about The Transformers, Period!) and I went to see it on the IMAX screen on Saturday and we both loved it! We were both thoroughly entertained from just a... Great Summer Fun! Action Packed! Special Effect Extravaganza! No Holds Barred! Just Entertain me for a couple of hours action flick that was fun, now let's go get something to eat point of view! And again, just like Terminator Salvation, that's all I expected, that's all I wanted!

I keep reading this "Respect the source material!" For Pete's Sake, the original source material was a bunch of extended commercial's aimed at selling a butt load of toys! And if you go back and watch those cartoons again, just like anything else fondly remembered from that era from the late 70's to early 80's. Six Million Dollar Man, Speed Racer, Voltron, Thundar The Barbarian, Etc! Etc! Etc! The overall animation, the corny dialogue... A-Lot of it was ****, things remembered are much better than they actually were! And this is coming from someone who loved all those things and still does, but only for the memories! :love

Other than a few things if you were you calling all the shots, yeah, I might of taken this out or it might of cool if they would've done this, but really, who cares! It's a great summer popcorn flick that if you are ever going to see it, now's the time, because it just begs to be seen on the big screen, IMAX if you can! There's soooo many other bigger issues to worry about in this day and age, so just go check it out, sit back and enjoy my friend, ENJOY!!! (y) (y)

:cheers

I tend to be overly critical of films (unless I'm a huge fan and have to lie to myself, prequels anyone?) so I walked out of Transformers a little disappointed. I can't say that I didn't enjoy because I did! It has a lot of action, but that is kind of the problem. The ENTIRE movie is one action sequences after another. Sure, it kept my attention and was enjoyable, but I tend to be the kind of guy that enjoys a good script and plot.

I feel the same about T:Salvation and Transformers: decent, fun, action-packed, and attention grabbing. The only problems are the absence of character interactions/bonds, and the fact that the overall plot was poorly executed (in both films).

Yeah, I hated the twins. Not funny at all...just annoying and lame. Reminded me of Jar Jar, and that is a terrible thing.

Kody

I tend to be overly critical of films (unless I'm a huge fan and have to lie to myself, prequels anyone?) so I walked out of Transformers a little disappointed. I can't say that I didn't enjoy because I did! It has a lot of action, but that is kind of the problem. The ENTIRE movie is one action sequences after another. Sure, it kept my attention and was enjoyable, but I tend to be the kind of guy that enjoys a good script and plot.

I feel the same about T:Salvation and Transformers: decent, fun, action-packed, and attention grabbing. The only problems are the absence of character interactions/bonds, and the fact that the overall plot was poorly executed (in both films).

Yeah, I hated the twins. Not funny at all...just annoying and lame. Reminded me of Jar Jar, and that is a terrible thing.

Kody

Kody, there's actually no time for you to be giving movie reviews, back to work on someone's stuff! :lol:

But really, how much plot development do we need in order to set up the next big fight scene between those Big! Huge! Shinny! Robots from Outerspace! :eek: :love :wacko :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Giant robots fighting. It doesn't get much better than that. : )
Special effects were amazing.
Dialogue was... Non-existant, but I really didn't need that much anyways. In only got in the way of the super cool explosions.

As for the "twins" The instant they came on screen I hated them, but by the end of the film I found myself childishly snickering at their remarks.
Long-short of it; I thought it was good enough to see on the big screen. Not a waste of money and it satisfied my urge to spend some cash that night.

Go see it. Make your own critique.

I actually laughed at the "TWINS", I was what, 10 years younger when I saw SW: "The Phantom Menace" and didn't laugh once at Jar Jar Binks! :facepalm

I loved it! Lots of action. Seems like there's not a minute that goes by without something being blown to hell. The special effects are amazing and there are tons more transformers than there were in the last film. It's got to be one of the single biggest special effects shows in history. One of the most amazing things I've ever seen. The battle at the pyramids is crazy.I personly think this second film is better than the first. Definately worth seeing in the theater.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back