Rangefinder

I seen it on this forum but I can't find it now but I'm looking to have my rangefinder drop down by pressing a button on my left gauntlet. And to have it go back up. A design and parts list would be great. Thanks.

I just tried that wireless deal today. The wireless part worked well, but the servo I bought ( the recommended one ) had some issues with it. The gears were not consistently turning, so I think I'm shelving for a bit, I'll come back to it later. Plus, I'm doing an ESB, and there really isn't an accurate place to put the 2 push buttons. I may just keep that part of it in a pouch, or hide it on the ammo belt somewhere.

Good luck !

This is a project that I will have to sit on for awhile. I saved the link and will take a good look later. I just got the ranger finder from Daz and I'm trying to get the leds to work right. I boughe 3. 2 red and 1 green. i'm using a 9 voldt battery and the leds are 2.6 volts each. I wired them in series and only the green one lights. when i remove the green then the reds work. Is it my power sourse? I only need 7.8 volts. does 1.2 volts hurt that much. plus they get very hot. Any solutions?

This is a project that I will have to sit on for awhile. I saved the link and will take a good look later. I just got the ranger finder from Daz and I'm trying to get the leds to work right. I boughe 3. 2 red and 1 green. i'm using a 9 voldt battery and the leds are 2.6 volts each. I wired them in series and only the green one lights. when i remove the green then the reds work. Is it my power sourse? I only need 7.8 volts. does 1.2 volts hurt that much. plus they get very hot. Any solutions?

Hey man,
The LEDS are VERY sensitive to excess voltage. They really should be run at the exact voltag that they're rated for, with 1V. They're also rated for current, so any chang ein voltage will effect they're current draw as well. If you're gong to use a 9V battery, then I would buy 9V LED's. Personally, I would use LED's that run off of 5V or 3V.

I actually have a self contained unit from " MRGR8NESS " which runs of of a set of tiny watch batteries. It works great. My issue is fitting them into the FP hollow RF, without breaking them.

As I said, I'm using the hyperdyne setup which comes with everything you need for the moving the stalk up and down. It has 1 board which stays in your left gaunt, connected to the 2 switches. Then there's another board inside your bucket, that connects to the actual servo that moves the stalk. It actually works very well, hope that helps!!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back