Weathering ebs sotfparts

Hey guys n gals :D
I want to weather my esb softparts up and was wondering which areas of my flightsuit and pouches should i be weathering ??
Should i weather my vest too ?
And what colours ?

If any of you guys have any ref pics ect please post em up .

Thanks everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I pretty much just spray everything with blacks and dark greys through my airbrush. Any old black will do. Focus mainly on your boots, pockets, belt bags and legs, (especially from the knee down. Here's an older pic of how mine looks. I've since went alot heavier on the legs with the weathering, but don't have pics.

picture.php

This afternoon i got to work and try attempt to try and weather up my esb softparts,and this is how it turned out :D

Front

picture.php

And back
picture.php

Let me know wotcha think guys as i may have to do some more work on em ..maybe ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are on the right track but I think you have a lot of work to go. The weathering on the lower legs needs to be a lot heavier and the weathering on the thigh pouch flaps needs to be a lot heavier. Remember that dirt and weathering don't show up in images all that well. They tend to wash out, especially in studio lighting. The fact that Fett's weathering is VERY prevalent in studio stills means that in person it would be almost overwhelming. The #1 I see with most costumes is not enough weathering.

Still 03a.jpg

Looking good!

I also use my airbrush with blacks, greys and browns. I´ll post pics after I´ve dyed it and gone over it some more.

And, yeah. weather the flack vest, neckseal and gloves too!

P.S! What ART said. I took pics of mine the first time around, when I thought I was done... Didn´t even show in the pics.

Thanks guys ..ya your right Art ,the fact on lighting conditions to the wearthering ..it looks a bit heavier than the pics ..i tryed all settings on my cam and this seemed the best shot ..other wise my coustume would have looked too blue that it really is.
However i will wearther it up some more tommorow after i got some more paint :D

After going for out more paint and told to darken my soft parts by Art :D ,heres how they turned out on phase 2 :D

Front
picture.php

Back
picture.php

Is there any other areas on my softparts i should weather up other then the legs,pouches and hip pouches ??

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back