Voice amp advice ROM FX v's Hyperdyne v's ???

Bobby Fett UK

Well-Known Hunter
Hi guys

I am needing a voice amp. Now I have had a play with the Rom FX and thought it was ok, but it did not thrill the pants off me to be fair - and it seemed a little expensive, when I am not really needing the static burst?

I would like some more info on the Hyperdyne amp if anyone can offer any? I understand you can change the voice with preprogramed chips/cards/disk? To get a Cylon, Vader or Boba?

I am interested in this and it sounds loke the amp I would like to get hold of? If anyone can give me any info on them or knows of any for sale or trade it would be good. I understand they have not been made for a while.

Thanking you
Bobby.

I have a Hyperdyne Vortex v1 and a Rom FX. When I was deciding which to use for Boba and which to put in TK armor, I decided I like the Vortex for Boba since it modulates the voice a little better and it's easier to hide all the Vortex components in a Boba outfit (batteries, board, separate amp) than it is in TK armor. I'm also going to get around to rigging the remote button down the sleeve and into my glove at some point so that I can use the blaster effects. (y)

The Vortex is even more expensive than a ROM FX, though -- and that's if you can even find someone selling one. And while it's neat to be able to change the voice chips, I'm never going to do a Vader or Cylon myself, so I'm not sure how responsible it was of me to buy both. On the other hand, since when does "responsible" factor into any of my Boba purchases? :lol:

Rob

I would speak to John about his new ROM FX's hes doing, I think theres a sepcial bounty hunter one coming out, this would be ideal, plus as the ROMFX is uk made, I would go with that any day of the week

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back