iPhone 3g[s]?

the camera is better than the 1st gen. the way they do the focusing is interesting... it picks the area it thinks you mean, but you can tap the screen to select a new area. more interesting than the focus though is that it adjusts exposure too, based on the focal point. not bad for a camera phone.

Anyone know what the cheapest monthly plan is on these phone. I rarely talk on my phone (use less than like 400 mins) but txt and internet on mine paying around $50+ right now

You have to have at a minimum a current plan of $39.99. If you have a grandfathered plan (older) you have to go to one of the new plans. The 39.99 plan has 450 daytime (anytime) minutes with rollover, 5000 night and weekend minutes (9pm to 6am) and unlimited mobile to mobile (AT&T customers.) You also have to have the iPhone data plan ($30.00 for the 3G and 3G S) but it includes no text messages. Text plans start at $5.00 for 200 messages (incoming and outgoing both count towards your package), $15.00 for 1500 messages, and $20.00 for unlimited messaging. So if you are looking for the bottom line:

39.99 - minimum rate plan cost
30.00 - data plan
-----
69.99 + fees and taxes (this doesn't include any messaging. Add the appropriate amount for the messaging plan that covers your usage.)

There are a few apps in the app store that have free texting. I've been using one and it works fine. It has a 25 texts a day limit but I'll never go over that. You can go up to a app that is $5.99 that is unlimited for a year.

If any of you good folks want to get rid of your old phone let me know - I need some multitouch control for [edit] OSC [/edit] (a music thing for college) and the 3gs here are €750!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing with my 3g S for over a week now and I'm loving it. Nothing better than recording video and uploading it to your youtube account in under a minute

I love my 3G, I don't know what I would do with out it.
I can surf the web, download my work email and some of the apps I have downloaded are awesome. I have this one called Trailguru. I use is everyday to track my mountain-biking progress. Sportacular is also a great one. It keeps me up to date on all of my favorite teams 24/7.
Darren

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back