iPhone 3g[s]?

stormtrooperguy

Sr Hunter
Anyone else take the plunge on day 1?

The Apple store near me was REALLY well organized... it took about 25 minutes to get in, get the phone, activate it and get back out. Not bad at all!

I went from a 1st gen to this, so I'm all excited over the faster net access, though the extra $10 a month for it stinks.

I have a Gen 1 and can't justify the upgrade. Maybe next go round... Or maybe Rich will talk me into a Pre...

I would have gotten one, but I just got a $261 speeding ticket yesterday, as a cop caught me on my acceleration after finally passing 2 dumb trucks i had been stuck behind for 2 miles that were nearly destroying my windshield.

so... i guess i'll have to wait a couple weeks before i spend that money again

my g1 iphone is toast, won't even connect to the network to receive calls or texts if it's on sleep modi can't even go a day without charging it

I still can't bring myself to get excited about the iphone. but I'm too much of a treo man, and I can't upgrade until february. my next phone is going to be the treo pro.

I should've waited a few more months... :(

But I'm happy with my iPhone as it is... (compared with the piece of ... erm... you know what I had before). Compared to that... my phone is pure bliss! :D Even outdated as it is... ;)

I love my 3g. I don't qualify for the upgrade until mid July. I am curious to see the speed difference. The camera is supposed to be better. 3 mega pixels now vs/2 and an auto focus. The compass looks pretty cool too. I am a sucker for tech toys. :wacko

I'm perfectly happy with the 3G, it does all I need.

if i had a 3g i'd have probably stuck with it. my 8 gig 1st gen was just too small. the new camera is nice, as is the video capability, but i don't think i'd have jumped for just that.

we activated my old one for my wife today, so now we're a 2 iphone family.

Anyone know what the cheapest monthly plan is on these phone. I rarely talk on my phone (use less than like 400 mins) but txt and internet on mine paying around $50+ right now

if i had a 3g i'd have probably stuck with it. my 8 gig 1st gen was just too small. the new camera is nice, as is the video capability, but i don't think i'd have jumped for just that.

we activated my old one for my wife today, so now we're a 2 iphone family.

i'm in the same boat as you, i was holding off on buying the 3g because i knew as soon as i did the new one would come out.

i luckily saw it coming and have been researching for the past three months all the undercover apple stuff.it was a big tip off when they ordered a ton of 16gb chips.

i figured it'd be out before summer...now here we are

how is the autofocus? my girlfriend doesn't always bring a camera everywhere we go and sometimes we see something amazing we'd like to capture and the 1st gen iphone can take some god awful pictures if you don't have it perfectly steady

I'm gonna pick up this phone as soon as one hits the shelves near me. I'm using the Gen1 iphone and it's pretty much dead... can't wait to replace it

I got into a new phone with a 2 year plan about a month before the 1st gen hit. A couple of friends got it and I have been dying for one ever since. I knew the new one was coming out so I waited for it and was there the morning the 3gs came out. I freaking love that thing! It is so fast on the internet. I highly recommend it. Luckily my hubby works for the USPS so we get a discount on service.:D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back