tasco windage knob upgrade?

stormtrooperguy

Sr Hunter
this may be the silliest upgrade ever, but i think it's neat!

a while ago shinobi_fett sent me some ASI windage knobs. if you look at the real scope on the ee3, you'll notice that the knobs taper toward the top, where the ones on the tasco scopes that lots of us use are square.

i've made 8 molds of these knobs over the course of doing other projects, and each time i've been pouring resin i've tossed a few drops into the knob molds.

3640014901_1ccb2d41da.jpg

i'm going to try it out on my rifle to see how it works. they'll be a pain to install... you'll have to cut off the threads that the existing knobs screw on to. so it might not even be worth the fuss.

if it does work out well i'll be offering up sets for cost of shipping / padded envelope, probably $5 a pair at the highest.

I'd be interested if you make some.

Do you think you could just drill a hole just big enough to screw the threads into. The metal threads might just cut threading in the resin for you so you could take them off if ever needed. That way you don't have to cut off the threads at all. Just a thought.

the threads are just about the size of the knob... so they are too close to the edges to thread in (tried that one).

i'll make up a few more pairs and post in the cargo hold early next week.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back