Phase 1 Bacara helmet project (DONE!)

EVO3

Hunter
Seeing that Uncle George is taking forEVER to show Bacara in the Clone Wars, i thought id jump the gun and make my own helmet. Im using the outer dome of my phase one Bacara to do this. Just basically remaking the face plate. Heres what ive got so far. Its rough but the hardest part is done...... neckring and all. LMK what ya'll think.

bacara1-1.jpg

bacara2-1.jpg

bacara3-1.jpg

Neckring detail.....

bacara4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome work Andy. I think it looks really mean where the dome meets the brow. Very good concept.

that helmet looks wicked!!! i like it alot & love the way the brow aligns with the dome as FettFanatic said :)

Wow, that's a really cool idea, and I love the way it looks already. Can't wait to see it finished!

I love it. The only thing is the fin... perhaps it could do with one; I'm not 100% sure about it, just that the thing that makes the phase one for me is the visor-mouth and the fin. Worth looking into perhaps?

You make me sick! Errrr I mean awesome work dude!;)LOL
You know I dig your works bro!

TTYS, Jon

There we go EVO! Had this one floating around my head for a few years. It would be interesting to see how you ultimatley morph the look. Might be cool looking with the Communications fin popping out the top of the secondary Outer Helmet, anything is possible. I assume that (as seen in the Clone Wars) you will de-generate the Phase-II Outer Helmet to form a Phase-I precursor. I am not sure if I dig the overall look of the Outer Helmet as seen on the Clone Wars snow clones. It's gonna be killer to see you make a bitchin' realistic Phase-One version. (y)

Thanks guys!

I really plan on keeping this helmet build fun and simple for myself. I dont want to invest to much time or money into it, only because with my luck CW will reveal the phase 1 Bacara as something totally different than what i come up with. As with any other project i do, i need to sell enough copies to cover the cost of materials and time. Therefore, i will be using the phase 2 outer helmet molds for this helmet as well. If someone wants to add a fin to it or cut the flair a little different, have at it. Theres plenty of room on the outer helmet for all sorts of mods.

All that being said, i will try and remain true to the phase 2 look as far as the cheek flaps are concerned. I do however, have a bit of a different paint scheme for it in my head. Will see if it translates well from my head to the real helmet.

WOW! :eek: That looks awesome, bro! GREAT work so far! It's gonna look crazy once you add on those cheek plates and throw your paint scheme on it!!! Keep us posted! (y)(y)(y)

Thanks guys!

I havent had much time to hang around the boards, but thats only because ive spent more time in the shop. So, ive got updates!

p1b3.jpg

p1b4.jpg

p1b5.jpg

p1bacara.jpg

p1b6.jpg

And a size comparison shot next to my Bacara helmet.

p1b2.jpg

Feedback is always welcome!

Great concept, flawless execution. I was wondering the otherday what you used to add the grey panels on your bacara. Is it foam that you've carved and surfaced? Or some type of sheet that you've warped over the form a detailed?

I'm telling Uncle George.............................Of course a new helmet might change my mind.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back