FETTDAD THANKS TDH!!

FettDad

Active Hunter
guys, i know that most of you have seen that i am parting out with my Fett...know that it is extremely difficult for me to do, after all the energy i have invested to complete this dream...but in this investment, i have taken energy away from those i love the most, my wife and my son...they are my world, and this project has placed them second in line for over a year now...i can never replace that time lost, so i came to the decision to let go of this dream i have had for being Fett...

i want to make sure you know that i am NOT leaving the family, despite my letting my costume go...just in the past few hours i have experienced something that many never do, from pretty much total strangers...the power that TDH holds in its community is something that people will never understand until they experience for themselves...you guys are so encouraging, supportive, understanding, and compasionate...wow, ya know? some families dont even have that close of a bond, and they are family!

i love this place, and will continue to be an active member, contributing my knowledge i have gained, helping those in need out, and just making sure vendors dont flake out on their customers...;) :lol: it has been an absolute joy being a part of this community, and will continue to be so...thanks so much TDH, love you guys!!! :cheers

Right back at you bro! So bummed but I fully support your decision. Family first for sure. Every now and again I have to pull back to get things back on the level with my wife. I just try to use any time she's busy to deal with my hobby so it usually is okay.

You're a great friend for never have meeting you in person! I can't say that about many people at all...

Good luck!

I have never cryed and I'm not going to (even when I felt of the bike at 100 km/h I didn't cry :lol:) but it's hard to see a say guy selling all. That's good for your family BTW, so you did the best choice (y)

Family always comes first man, and that's the most honorable reason for anyone to sell their kit. You've always been a stand-up member in the TDH community at least since I've been around here...and I'm glad that your choosing to continue to be such a great example of the kind of people TDH has as members.

You can always buy more gear. Having a 2 year old son(and daughter) that adore you, PRICELESS. Best wishes!!

I'm happy to hear you'll still be on the boards. Way to sort out your priorities you have my respect.:cheers Hopefully it wont be to long before your back in the game.

Noooooooo! :( I am glad you are still staying around brother... you are one of the best people I talk to on here. Always family in my book bro

El1te

Good to hear that you´ll stay around FD!

Maybe one day, when time allows, you might put another Fett together. The Fett will always be there, but family always comes first!

That must have been one of the hardest decisions for you to make, but you must do what you know in your heart is the right thing to do! Glad to hear that you will be on the boards, and I'll still be PMing you for info! :lol: :cheers Take care, bro!!!

Wow, like Firespray Pilot said, that must have been a pretty tough decision to make. But then again, I suppose when hobby is put up against family, it isn't that hard of a choice to make. Being new, I don't really know you all that well, but you seem like a dang decent guy, and hopefully I'll get to know you, along with everyone else in TDH family better.

Cheers. :)

Most people that don't understand this hobby will never know how much of a selfless act this truly is. A lot of people will think "awww, it is just a stupid costume." Everyone hear knows that it is A LOT more than just a costume. I applaud you on your decision; It really shows how much you care about your family. I know you said that you would keep posting and visiting, but we all really hope that you do. This is more than a costuming site as you already know.

Take Care,
Kody

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back