What happened to ESB suit?

spawnfreak

New Hunter
ive been looking through the gallery and just thought what happened to the ESB suit? like the actual screen used one.i cant seem to find it anywhere. does it still exist or was it lost or destroyed or repainted or something? can anyone help me with this one?

Nope, it was burnt as Vader is burnt in Ep. VI (y)

:lol: Just kidding! :lol: It's actually the one used on the AoSW exhibition, also C4. The gauntlets I thik they're not because the ESB left gaunt is vaccumformed. The left knee of AoSW is from the PP#2, but the rest is IMO the ESB suit.

Actually,
The Original ESB suit still exist but not in a museum or ILM. It's located
in New Zealand that someone "Can't Mention Whome" for confidential purposes. He excepted it or purchased back in the late 80's.

-ummm...
none of those are true
and the exhibit suits are not ESB

IIRC the ESB suit was stolen & never recovered.

That's completely false. The stolen suit is the PP#2 which was suposed to be the Hero ESB suit before it dessapeared, that's why some people think it was stolen. (y)

I'm 100% sure that the ESB suit is actually repainted and shown on the AoSW exhibit.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's completely false. The stolen suit is the PP#2 which was suposed to be the Hero ESB suit before it dessapeared, that's why some people think it was stolen. (y)

I'm 100% sure that the ESB suit is actually repainted and shown on the AoSW exhibit.

My bad.
I can't argue with 100% sure
:D

Actually,
The Original ESB suit still exist but not in a museum or ILM. It's located
in New Zealand that someone "Can't Mention Whome" for confidential purposes. He excepted it or purchased back in the late 80's.

Well thats a pretty eye opening tid-bit!!!!!!!!! I'll believe it when I see it...which will probably be never, but if in fact it does still exist, it would certainly be interesting. We do know, that there is an ESB JP in the archives, but it is badly crushed, and I also believe, that at least some of the ESB parts were repainted to ROTJ. Which...IMO, makes it unlikely that someone out there has a complete ESB hiding in thier basement. I suppose its possible though, as it is probable that they had at least 2 of everything painted in ESB sceme at the time of filming. Of the 6 original helmets made, I think we know the location of 5, leaving one unaccounted for (which was a pre-pro I believe) So..if it was repainted to ESB, its possible that the missing ESB suit has this helmet with it...although I find that unlikely.

I have only seen 3 armors in my life (2 of them in pics).

1st - ESB one which is 93% aprox AoSW and the Ab. plate is on the MoM (Forget the gauntlets).

2nd - RotJ one, used for the MoM except for the Ab. plate, which was used in ESB and in RotJ as Hero.

3rd - The RotJ Stunt with red portions. I don't know where it's, maybe the archives.

Then 6 helmets were made. IMO the white helmet all the pics came from (with the dent add) is the ESB version helmet (before paintjob). Also the armor of the Supertrooper video is IMO the ESB armor, with the chest plates too curved.

About the jet packs I know about... 1 for PP#1/#3, one for PP#2 (stolen), 1 for ESB (maybe it's a repainted PP#1/#3 but I don't think so), and 3 for RotJ (1 is FOAM, 1 is the stunt of AoSW, and the other one is the MoM one, maybe one of the last two mentioned is a repainted ESB JP, I don't hope it so...).

Here's a comparison. I haven't done it about the Cod & Back/Collar, I'm a bit tired after P90X. If everyone wants is I could to it... It's just a Chest comparison.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say that: Pics by Darthmiller/SpideyFett (C4 ones) and me (The Exhibition ones).

Sin título-1.jpg

The PP#3 armor, which is suposed to be the ESB one, has the MoM Ab. plate too.

About shoulders, I think the MoM ones are actually the shoulders used in ESB but with the big dent filled. Maybe they did another one, but... why if you can use other that's done and you will save some $ and also work?

Sin título-1.jpg

Sin título-.jpg

I am not 100% sure like some others on here.;) My bet is that it is burried in the Lucas archives. I have a personal friend that has been inside and has seen firsthand the tons of boxes and crates that haven't been inventoried or catalogued. He said they do not remember everything like we do, or even realize what they have. At one point he found a huge crate full of Boba jet packs and holsters. It sounds like they are working on identifying everything, but there is just tons of stuff. They also do not display somethings anymore due to the age and fragility of the stuff.

Do you mean like this?

attachment.php

I'm sure, but costumes are here:

attachment.php

And Boba Fett is on a mannequin for displays, usually next to the Carbonite Han, at least that's what I have seen on pics.

And I know what do you mean with the box "full" of jet packs. Actually only 1 jet pack was in the box. I will post the 2 pics of that later.

BTW, see on the 2nd pic the part of the Star Destroyer. What scale is it at? :wacko

archive04_lg.jpg

archive07_lg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep! Just like that. I can only confirm what I was told. From what my friend says, They hardly know what they have. I have seen some pictures too. I only wish I could have been there myself.

They need to hire some of us to go in there & catalouge stuff!!!! LOL Hire??? Heck, I bet most of us would actually pay them for a chance like that!!!! I know I would!!!! :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back