what are you afraid of?

flying, any type...humans were not made to fly...if the plane goes down, that's it...nothing you can do...and dont go giving me statistics about car crashes compared to plane crashes either...;) just look at proportions, not statistics...(y)

Number 1 on my list has gotta be spiders too!!!!, Love scorpions thouugh!!!! (Nice Emperor TehEl1te!!! ;)) Second is drowning, and I'm not too crazy about heigts either!!!

Number 1 on my list has gotta be spiders too!!!!, Love scorpions thouugh!!!! (Nice Emperor TehEl1te!!! ;)) Second is drowning, and I'm not too crazy about heigts either!!!

yep, unless i am strapped into a roller coaster, cant do heights...it's like my dexterity is shot when i am close to an edge, or on the last step of a ladder...

Lots of spider lovers among our ranks it seems!!!!! LOL

So I'm guessing that most of our members love the 80's flick Arachnophobia!!!!!!!!!! LOL Most folks consider it a comedy, but I've always considered it an intense horror flick!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love sharks, and find them very interesting, (On TV). If i was in the water with one though, i'm sure that would be extremely frightening!!! Same thing goes for crocodiles!!

Basically any feels of helplessness. Like sufficating, drowning, falling (so I'm no fan of heights either) I also have a severe fear of dependency. Like losing use of my legs, brain damage, Alzheimer's... anything that would mean I would need assisstance, I think I'd rather die.
And of course those bloody spiders. I hate them so much. I hate spiders like Indiana Jones hates snakes. But I don't kill them unless I feel it is necessary.

im a rock-climber and the highest iv been is 150m on an ice wall, so i have a "healty" fear of hights.

im also afraid to wake up and find my mando bucket magically transformed into a mando-tellytubbie... i was actually dreaming that a couple of weaks ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know more people get killed by donkeys every year than by sharks.

Also, more people get killed by vending machines than by sharks every year.

AND Finally, More New Yorkers get bitten by other New Yorkers than people get bitten by sharks every year.

Sometimes heights, but always clowns and dolls, especially the old porcelian ones. My mother use to collect them. Had nightmares my entire childhood.

Losing loved ones goes without saying, I think we all feel that way.

On a more hilarious note (I think at least), my older brother used to be afraid of E.T. when he was a kid. He used to have nightmares where E.T. would come into our bedroom (when he used to live here, we shared a room until his girlfriend/now wife moved in) and get him. It would be one of those nightmares where you try to scream for help but you have no voice. I always thought that fear was pretty funny.

Being a much older "dad" that most these days and suffering from multiple work related medical problems that left me disabled, I fear not being around long enough to see my 4 year old Son grow up... Anything else I can take...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back