Community inquiry

BirthdayDad

New Hunter
I hope I'm not violating any rules with this request, admins please smack me down if I am. Posting this here since I don't want to junk up other sections and since this is my first post. Technicality :rolleyes

My son is having his 5th birthday party in a few weeks and since we recently sat down and watched the original trilogy with him he has been absolutely enamored with anything and everything Star Wars. I could think of nothing better than to have him witness a light saber duel (or blasters) break out unexpectedly in his grandfather's backyard where the party will take place.

I've tried contacting a couple of local clubs but haven't had much luck as of yet.

I've looked at renting a costume(s) and so far the local shops have incomplete costumes (What good is a Darth Vader costume without the chest plate? am i right?) or nothing at all.

I know this is a stretch but would any of you be willing to take an hour out of their day on Saturday, June 20th in the Phoenix Metro area? Actual performance/appearance would be kept pretty short since it is summer in Arizona and I wouldn't want to be responsible for any Jedi heat stroke victims.

Cake and ice cream is offered to any and all performers.

I don't want to get anyone in trouble for soliciting on the forums so if you are interested please let me know what would be considered appropriate compensation in a PM. You would be making a hero out of me so my eternal gratitude and gushing praise would also be part of the compensation package.

Alternately, can you point me toward any resource that has decent to good quality costume(s) for rent?

Or perhaps you know of a Star Wars event in the area that is open to the public that we could take him to instead?

I would list desired characters but at this point I am the beggar so I don't expect to be the chooser.

Thank you for your time and consideration and again my apologies if this post has broken any protocols.

UPDATE: Scratch the light saber duel, thanks for the info DarthCarcinus. I've contacted 501st.com and am awaiting a reply but have already heard back from the local chapter duneseagarrison.com and unfortunately (and understandably) they have ceased participation in all birthday parties. At this point looks like I'll be appealing on non-fan-club sites for an interested non-affiliated individual.

So...I appreciate everyone's consideration. I found a rental for $200. Time to talk to the wife and decide if I have the skills to pull of Darth Vader.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back