BFUK ESB paintup. BIG UPDATE TODAY!:)

cr4nky

Hunter
I got my JP from Bobby the other day, and I couldn't wait to get to work on it.

Here's the getup out of the box:

IMG_1004.jpg

And here's the first layer of paint (Vallejo chrome):

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

I also painted one of the thrusters green, but notice that the shade of green wasn't really right (Vallejo panzer green), so I'm going to have a try with another green today (Vallejo gunship green).

Updates will be posted as they happen. The build can also be fololowed on my blog: http://cr4nky.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Cr4nky keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing finished pack, im also going to start my BFUK pack soon but in ROTJ colors.

bobatrooper

You don't have acces to Humbrol paints? If you can buy them I will send to you a PM with the Humbrol green for the Jet Pack (y)

If you want it of course...

I prefer Vallejo Model Air. But I could still use the name of the Humbrol and I can reference it with a conversion chart:)

Well, it's RLM 62. Lee Malone (who has done all the Fett colours list) told me that. I think it's pretty close.

I know that I have also attached the Humbrol colour, but maybe Vallejo sells the RLM 62 with this name, so you don't need to do a conversion.

Jetpack ESB.jpg

Thanks, bro. That helped me find what I need from Vallejo. It´s plain old olive green:)

Wow :wacko is that a solid machined alum jet pack :love

That silver coat can be brutal - showing up all the imperfections :facepalm

Looking good Thomas (y) Let me have your email again bro and I will forward the paint colours and referend photos and any advice I can offer.

Can't wait to see this painted up.

Bobby

Thanks for the help and info so far.

I just finished putting on the clear cote now. Letting it dry until I have time to look at some pics so I now where to use liquid mask and where I´m just gonna sand it. Guess I´ll have time to start with the green tonight, if not tomorrow morning.

I got a lot of work done today, a little setback as well but I think it's fixable. One of the thrusters fell on the floor and broke.

But here's what I've gotten done today:

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Very nice Tom, looking like a used pack now with the grime added. The colour brings out the shape of the pack much better than flat grey or silver.

Let me know how you go with that thruster too.

Looking forward to seeing this on your Fett suit buddy (y)

Thanks bro. Definately couldn't have done it without you. Hehe :p

Added some rust over all the exposed "metal" areas too. It soesn't show with the flash from the camera, but it really fives it a good used look. It also helped accenting the edges with thin lines of misted black with the airbrush. Gonna do some more nitpicking and adding the final details the next few days, and then I'm gonna seal it all in:)

Here are some detailed shots of various parts of the pack.

I handpainted the white marking on the pack, it looks ok at a distance, but I´ll probably put a decal over it later. Most of the damage was "smudged using drybrushing with 3 different colors and the rest is airbrushed and/or handpainted. There is still some finetuning to be done and a couple of things I haven´t added yet.

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0001-2.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Looking very nice Tom, you should be proud, now be honest how good did it feel!

One thing, maybe you know, but the bottom end cap centres should be yellow also. Looking forward to looking at those photos on my computer not just my phone!

Very nice bro.

Feels great! I bare have experience in painting, especially with an airbrush, so I´m a bit proud:)

I now :)

Just haven´t gotten to them yet:)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back