rubies oddity found!

rknight

Active Hunter
hey guys and gals

i was over to a local shop helping them put away an order and came across a shipment of rubies helmets, as we were pricing them , i noticed one of the boba helmets was GREATLY larger than the rest ( barely fit in the box), this of course intrested me so i immediatly tore open the box and tried it on, and its like 3 inches bigger than the others......so i bought it straight away and hurried it home to compare with the otehrs i have in my collection, and its the biggest one here!!...bigger than my 97, 96, and even the 95!!........could this possibly be a C.A. re-cast ???......its the typical lousy wavy rubies cast, but its size is impressive, and i wanted to know if anyone else has one this big??.......???????

what's the size like front-back? Is it ridiculously long or is well-proportioned?

I haven't heard anything like it before, if you can post pics I'd like to see it :)

Phil

Could it be that Rubies are listening to the Fett fans and starting to produce a half decent lid, :confused

we'll have to wait and see, maybe jango will be next

bojanglefett, i sent pics via e-mail from rknightandkarr account......sorry guys i dont know much bout computers and dont know how to post em here, or i would, the guy i got this puter from just tought me how to e-mail 'em........8)

* hanhunter , sent em to you also......

It's hard for me to tell with the compressed graphics at work, but it appears to be just as long front-back but it evens out the proportion by being very wide. Is that right? I can't see it well...

mereel-330.jpg

mereel-331.jpg

mereel-332.jpg

Phil

i dont know how to post any other pictures, as i sai dmy computer skills are not to good......the front to back is 9 1/2 " on the jango and 12 1/2" on the boba........is this any help??

Strange..It really appears to be larger. But isn't the Jango helmet smaller than the regular Rubies Boba Helmet ?

Edit: It would be nice to compare the proportions of the helmet too(front view, side, etc) Any more pics?

-Micke

i can take more pics but the jango helemt is larger than my 97 post...not by much, but larger....i recently recieved another jango rubies helmet in a trade deal that is smaller, but the one in the pics is the larger one......??????

an oddity to be sure.........now teh ? is wheatehr or not i should begin modifications ( glass the inside, replace visor, ect) or leave it alone as a rarity............??????

on the back its stamped :

to the left of the key slots:

c 2002 lucasfilm ltd.
all rights reserved
used under authorisation
rubies costume co inc.

but on teh right of the key slots is some raised area, looks like where the post info amy have been?

i compared it to my otehr don post helmets and where the info is written on those helmets you can see on teh new rubies helmet where in teh mold that area was filled in as it is sort of raised in those areas, like they filled in teh info that was on the molds....i can make out a little of it, and what i can make out, letters, ect....are a dead on match to my 96 post...??????............as i said an oddity to be sure........8)

well someone tell me how to post em here and i guess i could post them , but as i have said, MANY TIMES NOW , i dont know how to do that........8(

ii can send more pics to someone via e-mail and they could post 'em, i guess?

rknight wrote:

well someone tell me how to post em here and i guess i could post them , but as i have said, MANY TIMES NOW , i dont know how to do that........8(

Follow the link below and follow the instructions. Courtesy of Secol. Make sure images are less than 100 Kb.

http://200.72.134.171/cdref/tdh/

rknight wrote:

RKnight,

I'm your huckleberry. Send em to me and I'll get em posted.

Stay safe.

Tim.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back