Jodo Kast?

3109809778_262ac721b7.jpg

that's all i've got to say ;)

I LOVE that picture.

jodo he had balls he was a true mando through blood. not a clone yes wanted a name for him self he wanted the money and followed the mando was . and did get a few over on the fett man even with a blaster to his head remember fett had to drug him and set him up for a fight he is younger and cocky .

and not a photo copie of a mando like boba sorry for the blaspheming

Hmmm....

I will ban you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

:D

So whats with all the Jodo hate?

Last edited by a moderator:
He was an Apprentice Protector and bounty hunter. He sometimes used Boba Fett's name after Fett was supposed to have died in the Sarlacc. He thought he'd be okay. Remember, in "Twin Engines of Destruction", Boba was still with Dengar and healing and laying low. Also, IIRC, Jodo was trading on Fett's rep not to get jobs but to get paid more for them. And it's never clear if he said he was Fett of if they thought he was Fett and he just didn't correct them. A lie of omission is still a lie, but... *shrug* He pulled an Anakin -- he wanted to be somebody and his impatience and arrogance got the better of him.

--Jonah

First off, Kast was no pansy. He was a copycat that got caught..plain and simple Second, nowhere in my research of the charater have I ever seen that he was an apprentice protector don`t know where that one came from. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jodo_Kast

And third...who`s to say Jodo lost that fight:

Kastposter5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I am resuscitating this thread (I apologize) but I must respond to this thread. My take on Jodo Kast: he is who Boba Fett should be.

Why do I say that? Well, everyone fell in love with the Fett man in the original Star Wars movies. Here was a mysterious, awesome looking, bounty hunter that had such confidence and a swagger to him. Every moment he was on camera he had a presence to him. Boba Fett was the epitome of 'cool.' What made him so cool was you knew nothing about him. All you knew about Boba Fett was he was a bounty hunter, he was efficient as his job, and he had awesome gadgets. What more could you ask for?

To me, what made Boba Fett even more cool, was he had flaws. Yes, he was ruthless, efficient, but after his embarrassing fall in Return of the Jedi (where he should have died), you figured out he was 'only human.' Yes, he was skilled, he was awesome, but he eventually would meet his demise.

Then came the dreaded "Star Wars Canon." Where characters can never die, always have to have some elaborate back story, and everyone is related or connected somehow. Boba Fett returns multiple times and is somehow a God. He is able to fight the Dark Lord of the Sith in hand-to-hand combat (does ANYONE else think this is utterly absurd and completely asinine?!), defeat numerous bounty hunters simultaneously (4-Lom, Zuckuss, Bossk, "2" IG-88s?!), and simply cannot 'lose.' To my dismay, the coolest character in the Star Wars universe became "uber l33t' and a power-gamer...he is not allowed to lose. My problem with this is two fold:

First, there is no 'human' connection or sense of fear or danger. In the movies, you're watching Fett and wondering "Geez, I hope he doesn't die!" He appears very human, no super powers, nothing too extraordinary, etc. and you actually feel excitement and danger for the character.
Not in the 'canon.' I roll my eyes every time I read about Boba Fett. The guy can't be stopped, he some how always "realizes" traps and plans that are set up for him (how the heck do you know that IG-88 -- let alone that there are TWO of them -- are waiting for you!??!), he can beat some of the top bounty hunters with ease, and can go toe-to-toe with Darth Vader. There is no sense of danger, outrageous plots and storylines, and I feel quite disconnect and actually laugh at the insipidness that unfolds.

Secondly, there is no more mystery of Boba Fett. What made Boba Fett so cool in the films was no one knew who he was. There was no need, it wasn't important. It made him all the more ruthless, more efficient, and cunning bounty hunter. If you wanted to portray him in your imagination...you could! Everyone had their own interpretations of Boba Fett and he could be anything you wanted him to be: some people could view him as a scumbag with no tides except only to bounties, others can make up his past and family, etc. The 'mystery' of Boba Fett was was simple and effective...sometimes less is more and that is exactly why Boba Fett ruled.

Now? You know EVERYTHING about him, as a child (this was a disappointment for me), how he's pretty much nothing more than a unaltered clone, etc. There is too much information, too many things are tangled and connected, and the more 'stories' the more outrageous and laughable they become.

Finally, I find it amusing (no disrespect of course) how so many Fett boys, say "Jodo Kast is a wannabe. He stole Fett's identity to "get paid higher pay" and eventually met his end to Boba Fett. He isn't worthy of being called a mandalorian!"

Well, that sounds pretty hypocritical to me. Because: Jango's son, the infamous bounty hunter Boba Fett, used Mereel's name as an alias during his brief occupation as a Journeyman Protector sometime between 19 BBY and 12 BBY. This led to rumors that Jaster Mereel and Boba Fett were the same person, rumors which Fett did nothing to dispel, as they only added to his mysterious aura.

Hmmm...Boba Fett used Jaster Mereel's name...made no claims to dispell this myth, and that's okay. Yet, Jodo Kast does the exact same thing, but he's a coward/wannabe. Very interesting!

What is known about Jodo Kast? Well, not too much: he was an ex-rebel special ops who was interested in credits, killed a "real" mandalorian Feskitt Bobb, and stole his armor and took up bounty hunting. That's pretty much all you know about him. He's human, has flaws (as Dengar 'kindly' pointed out....who got OWNED by Jodo Kast..don't get my started on Dengar), and eventually dies. Sounds like Boba Fett in the movies...which is exactly how he should have been.

/end rant :D

The problem is as soon as fans love a character from any movie
they want to know more and eventually the mystery evaporates, look at
Wolverine. Now as far as besting other hunters at the same time it is possible.
Bossk and the others even IG-88 were creatures of habit/programming.
Knowing how they think and watching for the signs could easily give Fett
the upper hand.

Now as far as besting other hunters at the same time it is possible.
Bossk and the others even IG-88 were creatures of habit/programming.
Knowing how they think and watching for the signs could easily give Fett
the upper hand.
Perhaps, but Boba Fett's actions are still too much, in my opinion. Boba Fett was able to hold off Bossk in a mercy match. That's pretty absurd. Boba Fett -- Jeremy Bulloch -- was not an intimidating physical specimen. In fact, I would go as far as saying that the two humans (Dengar and Boba Fett) as being physically the weakest of the bounty hunters in ESB. To be able to physically outmuscle a 6.2+ reptile? Realistically, I just don't see it happening whatsoever.

Also 'knowing how they think and watching for signs' couldn't that same argument be used against Boba Fett? I still believe taking on numerous bounty hunters as once is a joke. Boba Fett is an exceptional bounty hunter, there is no question about that. But to be able to do go 'beyond that' and beat the Dark Lord of the Sith is absolutely ridiculous.

My take is this.....

If you wanna do a Jodo Kast, then do it. The beskar is the sickest since Boba. I like the character, to an extent, and will eventually build a Jodo suit of my own (and bug the heck out of Joe when I do, so as to be accurate as possible). End of the day, who cares what anybody else thinks. Hell, we ESB/ROTJ/ROTJ SE Boba's cant even agree, what makes you think our opinion on another character is any more than the same biased speculation. I think if you have the dedication to build it, you'll find plenty of us giving you a big pat on the back. :)

I find it ironic that people on this board would dis' Jodo Kast for impersonating Boba Fett. Is'nt that what the majority of you do on a regular basis?
Maybe I'm a little biast though as I'll be rolling out my own TEOD Jodo as soon as my boots, collar and back armor arrive!

Yeah I can agree that beating bossk in strength is out there.
The other thing is the other hunters were no where near as meticulous
as Fett. Bossk was obsessed with running the guild and getting revenge
and due to his reptillian nature had zero patience. Dengar was simply a
subpar hunter and didn't have Fett's resourses. IG-88 was Fett's biggest
threat due to having infinite patience.

As far as intimidation factor, I think Fett's rep gives him an edge that the
others just cannot mat h, who's more scary a big lizard who couldn't keep
the hunters guild together, or the hunter who apprently never dies, always
gets his target and has been seen mouthing off to Vader and walking away
from it?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back