Open Seasons Jango Fett

Solo

Jr Hunter
I am in the process of completing the build of a custom Jango. I purposefully built it so that I could make the transition to the Jango version from Open Seasons based on what few references I have seen.

I really need two things... 1) Reference shots if anyone has them available and 2) I need to understand what the 501st CRL requirements are or what they look like at the moment before I proceed.

I've checked out Cruzer's pics as well as a couple of others. There are differences in all of them but I am trying to consolidate and get it "right" (if there is such a thing... :) )

I'd eventually like to have this approved but don't want to waste time on something that is going to be incorrect. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello the reference picture are on the new gallery ;)
and that is a picture of my Jango

picture.php

good luck bro!!!

Thanks for the note. I have a library of AotC Jango images that I am using for reference on this project as well.

From what I have gathered, the Open Seasons Fett is only different with respect to the variations in color. I think I have a good idea of what it should look like but wanted to be as specific with placement as possible.

I think I may have assumed too much in thinking that if the 501st had it as an approved costume that there would be more specific detail about color, design, etc.

I'll keep digging just in case.

Your best resource is buying the comics or graphic novel. My prior suit was approved following another, however, I think there was some tightening of the criteria/accuracy since then that was shared with me by the suit's current owner. You may want to check into it so you don't waste your time. It was something about the gauntlet design if I'm remembering correctly.:facepalm

Getting the comic/graphic novel this weekend. Will check it out and see what the story is. I've been in touch with Spanos and the current owner of Cruzer's old OS Jango too so I'm making headway. I'll keep an eye out for the gauntlet thing too... Thanks for the heads up. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll post any updates here.

the blue should be red is the obvious difference. the os gauntlets are also simpler than the aotc gauntlets and the earcaps are different. they look vented. once you get the comics you'll see the difference. i dont have mine in front of me at the moment. i know jaster wore a different belt than jango but i can't recall if jango had his aotc belt or the jaster belt. also i don't believe jango wears the girthbelt in the os version.

here are the pix i was hoping for. i had them in my photobucket as they were used to discuss an application at mercs. anyway this is about it for reference pix of jango in open seasons. all the other pix in the comics are of jaster mereel, not jango.

untitled1-2.gif

800px-GalidraanFaceoff-jfos.jpg

Jango_escape.jpg

Mandaloriansongalidraan.jpg

so, you have the same grey flightsuit and vest as jaster. no chest markings. red shoulders. as you can see the ear caps and gauntlets are considerably different than aotc. the jet pack looks to be the arena pack but you can't get much in the way of color from the pix. the plates could be jaster grey or jango silver. i can't go one way or another with it from the pix. personally, i like to think that in the case of jaster and jango it's silver not grey but, could be wrong. it's hard to tell with comics as the inks aren't really made to show metallic colors. there's no girthbelt and he's wearing the aotc belts. unknown on boot armor but, the kit would look better with than without. looks like there's a boba'esque cape as well. the rifle i would guess is optional.

i'm not a legion guy but, at mercs we follow their example as far as requirements for canon mando's. i know there's a crl for jaster mereel. it's essentially jango repainted red, yellow chest marking optional. evaluated case by case. i've only ever seen a couple of jasters and they all look great but they're each different from the next and i don't think any one of them hits the comic presentation 100%. although there is one where the builder went beyond what the others did in his details and his kit is great looking. ive never seen a crl for os jango on the bhg site. i don't know if there's one on the 501st pages at all. also, i don't know that os jango is a 501st approved kit.

hope this helped some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks A'den! This is perfect and exactly what I needed.

There is a spot on the CRL for OS Jango on the 501st site and I have been in communication with Spanos about it already. Currently there are two approved OS Jango's in the Legion so that helps my bid some.

I appreciate you taking the time to post these.

Good luck with the OS Jango man. I love the way you scratch built your armor from pvc pipe! As soon as I can get my hands on 6" pipe.....the biggest Ive found is 4" but I have yet to contact an industrial plumbing place. Hope to see some pics!

Love the armor.
As for making it look OS I would say you need to weather the Jango Armor, of course turn the blue into a rusted look red since the govenor obtained Jango's armor and apparently "spent thousands of credits restoring the armor" so I would assume restoring it to blue means that it was either rusted when it was red or changed completely by the govenor.

The armor itself is a Dark Shiny Grey/dark silver Ontop of a a much darker grey jumpsuit possibly black. The pistols were also restored.

The Pistols were a bit beat up (not sure you want to go that far into doing that if they are $200 metal blasters lol) and the grip wasnt silver with a cut out in the middle. The grip was a solid black handle. Basically the only thing that stayed the same in the pistol is the barrel portion. The holster is the same as Ep2 just housing older beat up versions of Westar 34s or just unmodified.

As for the jet pack, it definitly isnt arena. Every Jet Pack in Open Seasons for every Mandalorian wearing it is the Kamino style Mitrinomon Transports Z-6 Jet Pack. However there seems to be no paint scheme to it. The whole jet pack looks like a solid grey although I dont suggest doing that since it doesnt look that good lol.

As you can see he also carries a Blaster Rifle along with the pistols.

Every Helmet in Open Seasons the earpiece seems to be in the helmet rather then out. Dont know if the artists didnt stare down a Mandalorian Helmet prior to that (good chance seeing as there are many scenes that could have used better artwork) or made that decision conciously.

He does have the little cape as well. Also close ups of the armor show rusted portions on the grey areas even on the helmet.

Finally there are two Jango Fett Armors in open seasons. The first suit he wears prior to Jaster's death which looks strikingly similar to Boba's armor. The second suit post Jasters death looks even more similar to Jaster's own armor. Conclusion, Jango wore the Boba looking armor until Jaster died and Jango took command. As the new leader he wears Jaster's old armor and shelved the Boba looking armor. Jango loses the armor when he becomes a slave and gets it back when he breaks out and now has the brand new looking Jaster Armor but is now blue (Possible original color) rather then rusted red. After Jango's death Boba inherits both suits and chooses to wear fathers original armor as to not look even more so like his father then he already does. There was also a comic in which a guy named Risso steals Boba's armor and Boba hunts him down in his father's blue armor or Jaster's armor. But thats a side note and not important just using to validate conclusion.

If you would like I can scan specific pieces from my Open Seasons comic to better help your project as I am very interested in the outcome and was actually thinking of doing one myself. And as doing I mean buying for I posses no skill lol

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back