I need your opinion Guys

Lokan

New Hunter
can anybody tell me who makes high quality helmet kits? I'm kinda new here and not familiar with all the members and the quality of their work. (even though everybody I've seen so far has amazing artistic abilities haha) Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
No posting of live auctions on the forum.
That's a no-no

I would suggest the MR helmet myself
Low price if you factor in getting a raw helmet painted by someone

sorry about that, I'll delete the link from the thread. But the Mr helmet? How is the SgtFang/Mystery Helmet, TK 409 reccomends it and I know where I can get it cheap

I definitley wouldn't buy that ebay helmet. I just got an MR that was displayed only for $300. Keep your eyes open and you'll find them. Recently a place in So Cal has auctions for a non-signature helmets that run about $320-$375.

I honestly recommend the FettPride helmet above everyone else. It has the strongest helmet out there, cleanest cast, and sharpest details.

BobaMaker is a good alternative though.

Guess I'll pm him. My budget is a little tight, tho...if that doesn't work out i'll probably go with the mystery helmet.

the mystery helmet is really good. it takes a lot more clean up work than the fettpride or bobamaker, but it's the cheapest by far. the master replicas is a great lid... one of the nice things about is is that for the $300 - $400 you get not just a painted helmet, but aluminum ear caps, moving aluminum rf stalk and range finder lights.

seeing as machined aluminum ears and stalk go for $200+ on their own and you'd pay $30ish i think for a light kit, that makes for a REALLY good value.

the visor area has a pinch at the bottom, but its an easy fix.

and you can always strip the paint and redo it if you aren't fond of the paint job.

fettpride helmets rock i'll agree, but you do get what you pay for with private makers.

cleaner helmets are going to be more expensive.

are you planning to paint it yourself? if not take into account how much a paint job will cost too.

The MR is a great helmet that only needs some visor correct in order to be troopable.
you also have a fiberglass bucket with aluminum parts and lights.

hard to beat that for the price range. just trying to make realistic feedback for you

MR helmet all the way... I got super lucky and won a BRAND NEW IN THE BOX MR SE Boba for $300. Super lucky. LED range finder works... Great helmet. check Ebay periodically, or go straight to AMAZON

If TerminalFettler still makes them, his helmets are BEAUTIFUL. I personally own one and it is top knotch. FettPride is as equally awesome in my opinion. BobaMaker is also another nice option.

El1te

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back