My Fett progress

Lassiter

Jr Hunter
I started in Jan reviewing and looking for what i would need to complete a Fett costume, started ordering in Feb and now all the hard work by others is nearly complete.
And mine is beginning Lol.
So here is what i have, many thanks to Wickedbeard, Bobamaker, Sidewinder, EvolutionProps, 99centtaco and the others ive bought parts from.(y)
fettcostume021.jpg

I'm in the middle of researching the best way to mount the armor,how to attach the wookie braids and the belt pouches.
I am going to add two velcro and elastic straps from the cod peice to the kidney peice to keep them together while putting on the other belts.
But as soon as i can get it all together i will post pics.:)

Sidewinder for the EE3, awesome and fantastic work.
See Mojo-Fetts thread for the new sidearm.
And introducing Bob, the field expediant mannaquinn, 1 leather jacket filled with every towel in the house. Lol.
But i think im going to have trouble mounting the tk409 chest display.

fettcostume022.jpg

love the pix! i noticed when you had it laid out you had the knee's accuratly laid out upside down. i;m sure that was done for comic effect as in your suited up pic theyre right side up.
r
to be hones, i was really hoping you were planning to wear them upside down! i'm sure it's been done and perhaps even posted o these pages. however, i've never actually seen anyone wear them that way and i'd love to see it!

love the pix! i noticed when you had it laid out you had the knee's accuratly laid out upside down. i;m sure that was done for comic effect as in your suited up pic theyre right side up.
r
to be hones, i was really hoping you were planning to wear them upside down! i'm sure it's been done and perhaps even posted o these pages. however, i've never actually seen anyone wear them that way and i'd love to see it!

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=29984

upsideknee.jpg

Looking very good. And put together very quickly.

I spent about two weeks getting the parts to fit properly.

I am still not satisfied with the armor placement, but i put the velcro on so that i could adjust the spaceing, now i just need to sew the velcro so it stays on when i take off the armor.:crySewing is my kryptonite.:D

I'm looking at the ESB pictures again and there doesnt seem to be that much space between the chest plates, and no matter how i set it up it just doesnt look right, i think i need a break from this before i mess something up.:)

I'm sure if you look in the Boba requirements, there is an exact spacing system for distance on the boba fett armnor. If there's not, I would be VERY surprised.

However, in the event that there is not, the general rule of thumb is... to use your thumb. The plates should be spaced approx the width of your thumb from one another. If they are all spaced at that distance, starting with the collar, you should see good results. However, if that is the measurement you are using, work in from there until you reach the look you desire. In the upside down knee Boba pic, thay are clearly closer than that and they look great.

I do agree that the plates look a bit far but, it's not distracting and obvious. They are just ever so slightly wide.

I made a template of the armor and punched holes where the bolts will go then marked the bolts position's on the armor.
Next step glueing the bolts to the armor then setting the eyelets in the vest.
Once i see if it all lines up, or i need to buy a new vest, i will seal the base of the bolts in epoxy and cut off the remaining parts of the bolts and seal the nuts with locktite.
fettcostume029.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back