Best Way To Attach Armor?

Lokan

New Hunter
Hey guys I am just about to order my flightsuit and other soft parts. I was wondering what the best way to attach the armor is

I'll probably go with snaps, it seems like they would garauntee a more tight fit and less chance of the armor actually falling off. Now I just need to find a website or local place where they sell them. Thanks guys

I just get em at walmart in the sewing/craft section. Get at least 2 packages to do a whole set of armor. pick up some elastic as long as you are there too!!! ;)
D

Have a bad experience with bolts or something? I've never used them myself, but they seem to work quite well for some people. I've only used snaps and velcro though, and man, I hate velcro.

putting the bolts in was certainly something different than fun. but i've been really happy with the results. it really feels like the armor is just glued right to the vest. no gaps at all! i can't claim credit for the idea though... i followed bobamaker's lead on this one!

Exactly, putting the bolts was a #@$! :) But I like them because they were used on the screen one. BTW I think is better put bolts instead of the snaps.

I haven't tried with velcro.

I like snaps but I'll get the occasional one that pops when I move a certain way or I'll get one random one that the CA glue doesn't stay on the armor to where it's ever lasting. Basically after every other troop on average I have to fix 1 - 3 snaps for a few different reasons.

I like snaps but I'll get the occasional one that pops when I move a certain way or I'll get one random one that the CA glue doesn't stay on the armor to where it's ever lasting. Basically after every other troop on average I have to fix 1 - 3 snaps for a few different reasons.

Yeah...getting them to stick to the plates is the trick...I used epoxy and mine pop ever now and again...:facepalmbut other than that they work really well.

STG has it right though, if you REALLY want it good, go with the bolts and eyelets. strongest way possible.

I'm with stg this is the way to go .

Attach_Armour_10.jpg

Attach_Armour_09.jpg

Attach_Armour_08.jpg

Attach_Armour_07.jpg

Attach_Armour_06.jpg

Attach_Armour_05.jpg

Attach_Armour_04.jpg

Attach_Armour_03.jpg

Attach_Armour_02.jpg

Attach_Armour_01.jpg

Yeah, that is probably the most accurate way to do it!! I've acctually been kicking around the idea of using t-nuts, (same as how most of us mount our visors in our buckets) But haven't got that far yet.
D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back