Lucksy31's ROTJ FP lid

wickedbeard

Active Hunter
Just got this puppy finished up and ready for viewing.I did not install the RF as Scott wants to add the lights and such.The little knobs on the back I made from epoxy putty.I thought they turned out pretty nice.
I gotta say that working with this helmet was a dream.Very crisp and very smooth.Kudo's Chris!!!!
Here ya go Scott,sorry it took me a while.

Luckysstuff016-1.jpg

Luckysstuff015.jpg

Luckysstuff014-1.jpg

Luckysstuff013-1.jpg

Luckysstuff011-1.jpg

Luckysstuff010-1.jpg

Luckysstuff009-1.jpg

Luckysstuff007-1.jpg

Luckysstuff006-1.jpg

Luckysstuff005-1.jpg

Luckysstuff004-1.jpg

Luckysstuff002-1.jpg

Luckysstuff001-1.jpg

Wow, that's a really beautiful helmet you got there. As I'm new to all of this, some of the questions I ask around here for a bit might seem obvious to the veteran builders, but please just bare with me. Did you scratch-build it or did you start with a base and work from there?

That is super sweet man !! Right up there with the best of the best ROTJ I've seen in my 8 years up here (y)

You do have an eye for detail indeed ;)

I think this is the first time I've seen an FPH painted up in ROTJ :eek: I can't say I'm disappointed in the least. I like how you ground the damage into the helmet before painting (y) (y)

Maybe it's the lighting, but your paint work also seems to bring out the sculpted detail here and there like the "dent" for instance. It reminds me of some of the exhibit photos where you can really see the shape of the dent in certain lighting even with all of the paint and detail. All topical ?? And thank YOU for the kind words as well :)

Best,

FP

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Chris.... this has got to be one of the best ROTJ paint jobs out there, Jeff. You do have such a great eye for detail. Truly superb.

Can I just say WOW to start?? I was psyched just knowing I was getting this baby soon for a troop in June, now, I'm just flat out impressed. Jeff, you ARE top notch and a pleasure doing business with. Guys, if you're in the market for a painter, Jeff's your man!!!!

Wow man! :eek: You will never stop amazing me!!! That FP bucket looks AWESOME! Scott, if you think that it looks great in the pics, just wait 'til you see it in person! Jeff's work is outstanding! Beautiful job as usual!!! :cheers

Lucksy is lucky! HAHAH. Great job there Wicked....its wicked!

*Disclaimer....probably my most off the wall post ever. lol

That is super sweet man !! Right up there with the best of the best ROTJ I've seen in my 8 years up here (y)

You do have an eye for detail indeed ;)

I think this is the first time I've seen an FPH painted up in ROTJ :eek: I can't say I'm disappointed in the least. I like how you ground the damage into the helmet before painting (y) (y)

Maybe it's the lighting, but your paint work also seems to bring out the sculpted detail here and there like the "dent" for instance. It reminds me of some of the exhibit photos where you can really see the shape of the dent in certain lighting even with all of the paint and detail. All topical ?? And thank YOU for the kind words as well :)

Best,

FP

Thanks a million Chris.I loved working with your helmet, man.it was such a pleasure compared to some of the early ones i have dealt with.lol
I like to make my stuff look worn and dirty, not simply painted.When you look at the exhibit pics they are never neat and pretty.they have a lot of little imperfections so that is how i like my paintwork to look.Like the item has been used for years.lol..similar to my Jason costumes.I strive to make them look screen used, and authentic(see website link at bottom of post).
I am so glad that everyone enjoys my work, and Chris,those compliments mean the world to me.Glad I could do your pieces justice.
I have another ROTJ armor set that I am finishing up for ivansith that will be posted as well as some other items that have come my way.

just curious, where did you find reference pics for the back right side? i've been going through the tdh archive and there are no decent pictures of that section of the helmet in there. i might have to find my ref dvd, but i'm pretty sure it has all the same pictures.

fantastic job!!!

as far as the back right side goes, there is a good shot of it on the reference disk. that's the missing link from the mom photos. if you can't find it i can dig it up and post it.

Great job! The detail is amazing, is it all topical or is some of it layered?

(I'm so happy you have a new camera. Your old one drove me nuts). :lol:

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back