Experience with Ritchie's Armory????

Boomer Fett

Active Hunter
I found Ritchie on craigslist selling TK armor. I personally have never delt with him but was wondering if anybody had in the past and could give a brother some insite. I need a couple of pieces for my biker scout (i.e. boot holster and a good lid)

Ivan

Hey Boomer, I bought a set of gauntlets from Ritchie's armor 3 years ago. They were pretty nice for vac-formed gauntlets, and the price tag wasn't to bad either. Now I don't know if anything has changed in the last 3 years since then...but for styrene armor he does a great job!

Ive known Richie as a friend for over 10 years now, I also own or have owned several of his props. He's always been a stand up guy in my opinion.

I presume u are talking abt RICHIE's Armory? rather than riTchie?
if its the former - well known rpfer. stand-up rep
well know for his x-wing helmet

not sure abt his TK stuff, but if u wanted TK armor - check out FISD or can pm info if u wanted some info?

Nate

He has been a pioneer with Fett & TK stuff. Other people have perfected it with time.

He is one of the origionals I must say. . . . And i don't mean te name of the previous Spinal Tap band . . LOL!

I have one of his X-Wing pilot helmets and a Y-Wing helmet too. They're really nice!
Can't speak for his Mando or TK stuff, but his helmet kits are great.

I know everyone is speaking highly of him but I had nothing but horrible dealings with him, first off he took almost one year to get me gauntlets and armor and then never shipped my jet pack. It was a blessing in disguise though, the armor was no good, the gauntlets were way off from being accurate and in the end I had to bug him to get a refund for my jet pack that never came. Boomer my friend, we have done a few transactions and you know I would'nt lie to you. Other than that sorry to offend anyone but the facts speak for themselves.

yeah, i've heard good and bad stuff.

You can do a search for him on the rpf and see his diplomacy in the situations where people talk about him.

obviously nothing gets censored over there and it's basically just a high school atmosphere.

honestly, from all the lurking i've done over there it's just a bunch of old egotists that think because they can make replicas and "troop" they are better than other people when in fact the mere existence of the forum proves there are hundreds of people just like them and they aren't unique whatsoever.

back on topic: i had some richies armor once, boba fett stuff i mean, i sold it for more accurate stuff.
never saw what he had to offer in the form of TK.

but like i said, you'll probably hear some good and bad about him...so do some research on the rpf and if you like what you see...then go nuts

Great stuff guys! The one advantage I have here is that he lives about 20 minutes from me so I can buy in person vs waiting (everyone knows I don't do well with being jerked around) I was just wondering if I was wasting my time. Whistle8mp, I hold your oppinnion with the ut-most respect and will proceed with caution...besides I think I still owe you money...

i've had good luck with him myself, but have also heard horror stories.

i ordered an x wing pilot kit from him last year and got it within a few days. my original x-wing helmet and chest box were both his and they too were great.

i've never seen his fett stuff. i'd guess the TK is just FX armor... if so, it's probably like all the other fx kits out there.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back