Anyone live in the Portland, OR area?

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
Mirax and I will be in the Portland area from Thurs night (05.21) through Monday (05.25). Most of our time is going to be spent at Mt. Hood, but we have Saturday completely open and thought if there was anyone in the area, we might try to meet up!

Mt. Hood, cool! Are you going to Timberline Lodge? It was used for the exterior shots of the Overlook Hotel from The Shining.
I lived in Portland from 86-87. Nice city.

We are as a matter of fact! I didn't know it was used for the Shining!!! I love that movie! I will have to take some shots!

Cool! I live in Seattle now, but grew up in Portland. Are you guys taking your snowboard gear? Hood is still open for riding! I might be down that weekend for work and to visit some friends. I'll post here if I end up making it down.

PS- Be sure to hit up Burgerville for amazing green friendly shakes and burgers. And if you want a fun, crazy place, look no further than Voodoo Donuts! :)

Cool! I live in Seattle now, but grew up in Portland. Are you guys taking your snowboard gear? Hood is still open for riding! I might be down that weekend for work and to visit some friends. I'll post here if I end up making it down.

PS- Be sure to hit up Burgerville for amazing green friendly shakes and burgers. And if you want a fun, crazy place, look no further than Voodoo Donuts! :)

We are snowboarding! That is the purpose of the trip! We are going for two days of instruction on Mt Hood so hopefully we will be more well equipped for the 2009-2010 season!

Have fun, I've been out to Hood 3 times in the last 7 years. Timberline and the Meadows are both great. Downtown is sick too....sooo much fun!

I can't wait to get out there again to ride! Have fun!

Art,

I'm not in the Portland area but if you decide to come to Alaska during the winter for skiing or snowboarding I'd be happy to play tour guide. Right now, I'm enjoying the nice sunny 65 degree afternoon.

Rick

Rick

Thank you Art and Kristen for visiting Oregon and our home. Tresci and I had a blast. It also gave me an excuse to cook another meal outside on the BBQ. :p Don't be strangers, If you make it out here again, look us up! :cheers

005.JPG

Yup! We had a great time, thanks to cojake's generosity! You have to love that no matter where you go you can find a part of the TDH family! Thanks for the great evening and the amazing food!

Thanks so much. I must say, definitely the best meal we had while in Portland!

Gotta say, Mt. Hood is off the hook! We will be back next year for sure, fantastic boarding and the weather was incredible.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back