Finally put my ROTJ SE together

After spending over two years putting my ROTJ SE together, with lots of breaks, losing and regaining interest, and a move from China to Sweden last year, leaving all my Boba stuff in boxes for some months, I finally got my act together and decided to finish this project.

I got myself a cheap mannequin, modified it a couple of nights ago, and put on all the pieces to see what it looked like. My wife freaked out seeing Fett in the living room the next morning (my son loved it though!) and I am not sure how long he will last. ;) He is not perfect, and likely has some inaccuracies but does the job of looking mean and intimidating!

My biggest thanks to DAZ for being a great guy with serious skills, providing many (most!) of my parts and his painting skills. (y) Thanks also to 99centTaco, Batninja, Crazy4BobaFett, FettDad, Julie, Madmartigan, MoW, Omega Man, psberetta/serenity, RussRep, Sidewinder, Skygunbro, slave1pilot and TK409, who all offered parts or material in one way or another.

This site is a really cool place to be and has a lot of really talented people. Some of you have truly amazing costumes that I could only dream of owning! You've all been an inspiration and I've followed numerous threads these couple years, (but perhaps not as active in the discussions myself as I should've been).

Time to put away the tools, sewing machine, paints, fabrics and leftover material, at least until the family gets used to Fett and allows me to start my next project... Right, I still haven't painted the shin tools… and then there are upgrades.:p

Here are some snaps. Sorry about the poor quality. It was late at night and I was using a compact camera.

364329453.jpg

364329451.jpg

364329450.jpg

364329435.jpg

364329441.jpg

364329447.jpg

364329444.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! It took people awhile to get used to my Tusken Raider being at the end of my hallway, after a couple screams in the middle of the night they felt right at home.

Costume aside, which looks really amazing by the way, can you show any photos of the mannequin you built/modified.

Im particularly intrigued by how the neck juts forward a little bit....it really looks like a fett pose. Most mannequins necks and heads just go straight up and with the costume on, the pose becomes kind of stagnant.

GJ again!

Costume aside, which looks really amazing by the way, can you show any photos of the mannequin you built/modified.

Im particularly intrigued by how the neck juts forward a little bit....it really looks like a fett pose. Most mannequins necks and heads just go straight up and with the costume on, the pose becomes kind of stagnant.

GJ again!

I had a really tough time dressing him, (especially getting the arms back in place after putting on the vest without being able to see the keyholes in the sockets :cry(I was sweating and cursing...), so I'm reluctant to take off the costume for now. Sorry about that!

But basically, what I did was I first got one of these cheap mannequins:

364424028.jpg

He looks nothing like Fett and is too skinny, but he has the right height, and by bulking him up (torso, hips, thighs, belly and buttocks) with latex foam and duct tape I got a decent body shape out of him. His arms were cut up, bent into shape and taped to get rid of that stupid pose. I also separated his legs some (don't get any funny ideas!)

Then I cut off his fingers and replaced them with cut up garden hose with some twisted piano wires inside. I added small pieces of latex foam before wrapping it all under a few layers of duct tape to get the right shape of the hand, and voila, posable hands/fingers!

Achieving the tilted neck was quite easy. I simply cut off the the back part of the skull on the mannequin, which made the helmet rest more towards the front of the head! Hope this helps.

364422458.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back