Newly Ordered Boba Armor

ha im getting angry cause i can't get a pic to show up as my signature. wait, how did this thread come to be about signatures?

i have bobamaker armor, and helmet...considering upgrading the jet pack to one of his as well...his work is amazing, and no prep work is needed either...paint straight out of the box! good luck with your amor hunting...

Hey guys there was a mixup with the address of the Evo Boba Fett armor I ordered. But it finally came today!
DSC04718.jpg

DSC04719.jpg

DSC04720.jpg

DSC04721.jpg

DSC04722.jpg

DSC04723.jpg

DSC04724.jpg

DSC04725.jpg

hmmmm ...just 2 questions bruv , 1 .wheres the chest slots and 2. has gaby at evos modied the size on his armour now ?

When i had this armour it was very small in dimentions and big enough for a kid ,let alone it had a crack in the collar when it arrived :(

anyways heres some pitures of the armour befor i sold it all !!

Chest
picture.php

Cod
picture.php

Collar & back plate
picture.php

Knee & shoulder
picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
kinda like the food on denney's menu, it doesn't match the pix. it doesn't look bad but, he's left you some work.

as a side note on it being flimsy... a cheap easy fix for thin or/and flimsy armor is to use dips it, plasti-dip etc. any of the liquid rubbers used to coat the handles of hand tools. you can get the cans in the paint department at most hardware stores. runs about $5.00 per can.

apply 3-4 even coats on the interior of the armor, apply slightly thicker on the rolled lips/edges of the armor if this armor has those, like vac formed armor does.

it will add some heft and strength to the armor.

Hi All! First post! Whoo-hoo!

I've been researching TDH for a while and am finally ready to join in the fray. I have been looking quite closely at the EVO armor and am glad that there are some solutions to the apparent cracking. I think the liquid rubber is a fantastic idea. Nice call. I'm debating on ESB vs ROTJ myself. I'll post when the purchasing starts and definitely add my 1.375¢ to the mix. Happy hunting!

I bought cucblack's armor off of Ebay before finding TDH. I was really satisfied with his fiberglass chest, collar, and shoulder armor. Nice casting and paint job for the price. Very sturdy and thick. Chest display slots were the right size and spacing for a TK409chest light set-up. His back armor was also good but a little warped and wouldn't meet up with the collar...maybe because of my chest and shoulder size. You don't notice too much when its on. Especially when the cape and braids are attached. I'm glad I went with his over Evo/Gabe's.
I also bought Evo's jetpack....ehhhh. A little small and shotty assembly/painting. After some major work it'll do for now. It doesn't have metal harness hooks. I had to buy some shelf joints from a hardware store bend them and screw them into an aluminum sheet installed inside for support. I also had to reattach the screws for the missile and thrusters using sintra plastic, hot glue, plastic weld, and paint-up. I like Evo/Gabe's aluminum parts though. Collar studs, jetpack beacon, and stabilizer are nice. I modded the beacon with a keychain strobe/flashlight from a tutorial I saw on YouTube. Very cool in my opinion...but not screen accurate.
I like Evo's boots with toe spikes and Wookie Braids (these are a thick doll hair but not screen accurate; I added some colored thread to resemble the wrappings I've seen in pictures). Really, I guess the boots are the only option right now. His gloves are OK but missing the "bulk" and color of other maker's gloves. I wish I would have went another route. His jetpack harness is also terrible but works after some Jo-Ann Fabric modifications.
Stay away from Evo's other softparts. He gave me a free girthbelt and utility belt for taking so long with the jetpack. All I can say is I'm glad I didn't pay for them. Yuck.

Yeah, I just made a post about Evo's work. I was very disappointed, but plan on major mods. My armor paint was disgusting too. Tons of bubbles and brush marks..and the "weathering" came off when my thumb was ironing out the Skull on the shoulder. It's a good starting point, but I wish I did cuc too. cuc has a gauntlet set for sale...any feedback on that?

Why buy cuc,s gaunts when we have MOW and BM plus Fettpride all under 1 roof for gaunts ;)
Exactly!! Stick with the masters on this sight!! It might cost a few extra bucks up front, but will be the better bargain in the long run. My FP armor and MOW JP is top notch and will likely never need replacing or ugraded.

I agree with Stormshadow2100 and Cojake completely. Had I found this site before placing my order for Cuc's I would have went with any of the above mentioned builders. I also have to give a promotional pump to WICKEDBEARD!! His gaunts are amazing and I'm glad I saved up the extra money and purchased his. Knowing what I know now I also would throw his armor and painting skills into the mix of consideration for anyone looking for quality Boba Fett props.

I purchased evolution stuff before finding this site and there is no comparison. His jetpack harness was very poor quality as well as his cape. His prices are not cheap either. His soft parts are inaccurate and cheap. For the same price, you're better off with Ladysewforus. The evolution neckseal had pen marks on it and the material is of poor quality. I purchased a MOW jetpack off ebay for $300 dollars which is 50 bucks cheaper than the evolution jetpack and the MOW jetpack is one hundred times better. I recommend you buy the stuff from the guys on this board and stay away from ebay unless it is a member from here. I just posted my finished boba fett and you will see the quality of the guys from here which is awesome. I recommend you use the tutorials here and your boba fett will look awesome. I am a rookie at this and used Stormtrooperguys rattlecan color tutorial and his MOM reference photos. My finished product is posted with pictures. I'll be happy to share any info you need. It is worth it for you to buy quality stuff and paint it yourself. Spray paint is pretty cheap at home depot. Most of them are under $4 dollars, and I paid $1 dollar for the flat black.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back