Chest emblem INTEREST THREAD

VashDstampede wrote:

OK, here are the final pics of the emblems I made (some of the registration is still a little off, but not too bad)and the blue is just a hint more purple than the picture. The first is the clean version, the second the weathered version (don't mind the reddish smudge on the bottom, it's not on the decal), third is the weathered version with black & almond mist plus additional yellow weathering (just compare with the original and you'll figure out what I'm talking about), and of course the fourth is the ref. picture I used.
FINALchest.JPG

What do you guys think?
By the way, thanks secol_FETT for the image hosting:D

Ely, definitely THE THIRD ONE. But if anyone have the chance to weather it themselves, they could choose number 2.

As of me...REALLY INTERESTED in a pair of these babies! :love (y)

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Ely, they are so great. If this is an interest thread, I'm definitely interested!

I do need to know the price first though. Sorry about that, but my second baby is less than 4 weeks away and every penny counts at the moment.

I could have chosen a better time to start this hobby, but I've never been too good at being patient!

LMK when you figure out the shipping costs.

Si

damn!!!! count me in for sure.

personally i would prefer it to be unweathered. i would like to do the weathering myself so it matches better with the rest of the armor.

either way i am in!!!

Again good news, bad news. . .
Good news: I'm glad there is enough interest for me to make a run and this project is a go. . .

Bad news: I had my screen ready to go, and leaned it up against the other screen used for detailed prints I had just washed at work. I asked my little brother to get me something from the screen room, and a few minutes later he called me in there and he had "accidentally" ripped both the screens:angry
These were $200 dollar silk screens, not only that, but they were the only two of that kind that we had:angry.

Needless to say, the printing of the ones that have the closer blue, won't be done for a while (maybe a week or so) until I get these re-screened. Again don't worry, this project is still a go:)
I will post a sign up list soon.
By the way, the diameter of the outer circle is 2.062"(2-1/16") If the size is wrong, this is the perfect time to let me know so I can make changes:D

Thanks,
Ely

VashDstampede wrote:

Bad news: I had my screen ready to go, and leaned it up against the other screen used for detailed prints I had just washed at work. I asked my little brother to get me something from the screen room, and a few minutes later he called me in there and he had "accidentally" ripped both the screens:angry
These were $200 dollar silk screens, not only that, but they were the only two of that kind that we had:angry...

:cry
I can't believe that kind of stuff happened!!! :cry Specially when Ely was so close!!!

But let's calm down everyone, and If we could somehow help Ely with this ( I know I will). I think he'll appreciate it as much as we do when we get our hands in at least one of these babies. (Just a suggestion). By the way, I know he won't let anybody down on this now.

Robert

No worries everyone, I just bought a new screen and I should start printing up a few on Monday. I got a smaller size screen for a pretty cheap price, and it's my own(y), so I can use it without having to wait until a job comes up so I can 'sneak' MY projects in.
I'll make up a sign-up thread when I get some printed, just in case another "accident" like this happens again:D.

By the way, I also re-did my positives so that the blue would be totally flush:)
Do you guys like the mustard colored weathering, or should I just print the grey?

Ely

Hey Ely.

Glad you got a replacement screen!

I think if you are going to put weathering on them, you should include the mustard, as it looks to be a good colour match and excellent positioning.

Would it be possible to do an unweathered version too. I can't decide if I want to weather it myself or not.

Si

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back