VAC-Form table

FettSniper

Active Hunter
Hey Fetts and Fettess's, sorry that was bad :lol:

Was just trying to get some info on how to produce a Vac form table, like what materials i would need costings ect. If anyone has made one already info on those would be great, especially info on what not to do when building one.

Any Info welcome (y):D (y)

Steve

Thanks guys for the links very helpfull indeed :D, it is all pretty straight forward apart from the heater section.....unfortunately that is one of the crucial parts of a vac table :lol:.....all i can say is watch this space!!

If anyone has made their own table feel free to post pics on this thread, would love to see other peoples methods and designs (y)

Steve

my tips:

oven: i used electric fence posts for my oven wiring mounts instead of the posts quoted online. I paid $6 versus $60

make sure you insulate this thing well....it saves you a lot of time during preheat and heating the plastic if you're not losing all your heat

the forming table : Make sure your frame goes completely around the table for a full seal. if misaligned you waste everything and get no pulls.

if i do anything soon i'll post some pics

Combatbaby : Thanks for the advice and good tip with the fence posts, thats a bargain (y)

R4G9 : Cheers for the link, will have to check it out.(y)

Steve

I got plans from here. I know a few folks who used these and they are great. he also sells heating unit kits to make it more simple to do. This is the machine i will be building. check it out!

DIY Build Your Own Vacuum Forming Machine

- - - Updated - - -

DOH!!!! Sorry for the necro -post! i just realized this post is from 2009!!!! it was a "similar" post to something i was posting in and i just saw someone needed help LOL WHOOPS!!!

Well if anyone needs the info...i'll leave it here!

I got plans from here. I know a few folks who used these and they are great. he also sells heating unit kits to make it more simple to do. This is the machine i will be building. check it out!

DIY Build Your Own Vacuum Forming Machine

- - - Updated - - -

DOH!!!! Sorry for the necro -post! i just realized this post is from 2009!!!! it was a "similar" post to something i was posting in and i just saw someone needed help LOL WHOOPS!!!

Well if anyone needs the info...i'll leave it here!

NOOB!!

I haven't updated in a while but I built the Vac table from the plans you can buy on build stuff. I had to modify a few bits and pieces due to lack of supplies and also I don't know (or what to even try) to weld metal togeather.
I have a sort of diary on my website where I list 3 different versions I have attempted the third being the one I am now using. Its a bit of a pain to get everything working right but when you do its a great feeling.
I am actually building a small rotocaster now to help slush cast my Mando helmet. The link for how I'm doing is below too

Pepakura Vault my website
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f32/generic-mando-helmet-using-plastiboard-55758/ my mando helmet build

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back