Helmet cams

This mini cam is one of many that I pulled out of a big box ful of video equipment. It's the size of a quarter, the circuit board can easly be removed to fit into any small space. But like I've said in the past, now I know what I can use this bad boy for :D

cam.jpg

The only problem theoretically is space in the helm. I can only fit so many screens! Probably only two. I was hoping more, but anything would be nice. Oh yeah, I have to BUILD the bucket first. :facepalm

If you are in fact planing on doing something like this, I'd suggest getting a high class bucket. You wouldn't want no DP 97" with a whole bunch of gadgets in there :D

I'm not gonna "get" any old bucket. I'm gonna make my own outa sheet aluminum. If I have to take slight liberties in the making to fit the stuff, then so be it. I'm going for comic accuracy (Jaster/Red Jango armor), so movie-accuracy is not important.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
i remember some glases for dvd's to view a wide screen, just letme search ;) ... i think they are sony ... dont remember,
anyway i go to search :)

edit:
Glasstron, PLM-A55
that is the name and model, but i think is alrady obsolete, but search for that :)

edit again :D
click here to get more info http://www.google.com/search?hl=es&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Glasstron%2C+PLM-A55&lr=

and heres another EDIT
this is an Olympus headset but only for playstation2 but check ... just in case
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_product_lobbypage.asp?product=804

This is my first post here...

But I have been into Boba for a long time now. I have been trying to find a way to put anywhere from one to three cams in my helmet but the true problem is, of course, finding the small screens. The cams are very easy to find. There are color and night vision cams out there for a cheap price. I'm not sure which I'd prefer and there are ways to use both. Any of the screens I have come in contact with have been rather expensive. I have a friend who is a computer/electronic wiz and we're both looking into it some more this weekend. I'll be sure to keep you posted on what I can come up with. I also noticed that a person mentioned there is a problem with the focal point. It's really not that bad if you have a bucket that is movie size. I can focus near my nose and even better down by my mouth. I just put the helmet on and tried to read a page I ripped out of a book. The results were fairly good. I should be posting on here a good amount now that I have finally joined. I have kinda done the Boba Fett thing on my own and really haven't talked to many other fans at all. It's almost like my big secret and it's cool to know that there are a lot of others out there. Later and take care.

Hey, thanks, Vadersfavorite. I'm honored you would grace my humble thread with your first post. It's an honor :lol:

Edit: Check my earlier posts for a 2" LCD. That SHOULD be small enough, but I am uncertain. If you already have a bucket, cut out a rigid cardboard piece the size of the screen and see if you can focus on it inside the helmet. Of course, make sure it fits, and that you can see the entire screen. Just an idea. 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anytime

It's a great topic for a first post:). I'll be sure to cut out some cardboard the size of any screens we think would work. I'm almost certain the 2" would fit. I've been looking at LCD screens, especially the 2", but my friend and I are going to look over the pros and cons tomorrow. This could be a huge breakthrough for Boba Fett costumes. I would almost think that there has to be someone out there with this cam thing already? I have a ROTJ Fett now but I REALLY want an ESB (by far my favorite) version. I just have to feel confident with knowing I have enough ESB info to be 100% accurate with all the little details. That may give me an even bigger helmet to work with than the ROTJ one I have now. I'll be back with ya soon so take care...

Newbie alert!! This is my first post so bear with me. :)

I agree with Blastech I also think it'd be cool to have a small screen in the rangefinder.

On the backend of the rangefinder (the part that you see when it is in the down position) you can see where a small screen would fit. It’s hollow so if it small the "guts" could be tucked inside, its 1 1/8 by 1 inch on my helmet.

The camera lens could be hidden in one of the (for lack of a better word) "Turn Signals" on the helmet on a “Jango” helmet or if you have your “Boba” helmet, directly on the visor in front of you mouth since some people like to have the “signals” lit. Although in front of the mouth or anywhere inside the helmet may be prone to fogging.

These days you can pick up a cheap Digital Camera for under $80 so ripping it apart won’t hurt the pocket that much, I have a 2 year old cheap Polaroid Camera/ MP3 player that fell and shattered its casing, so I will try it with this one

As for a power source, the batteries can be tucked either behind the padding of the helmet or somewhere on the body.

I am currently redoing a Jingo helmet so it’s now being fiberglass reinforced and primered so I am glad I saw this post when I did before I put it back together. :)

Thank you guys for having a GREAT forum of valuable information for us newbie Jango and Boba’s

Tak
"Jango in training"

The "turn signals" (nicely put):lol: are actually called Pineal Eye Sensors, and I was thinking of putting a camera there. I don't think there is a screen out there small enough to fit in the rangefinder, though. 2" screens on the 'net that are the same as those in the cams can be found here for sixty dollars (US). Those would work just fine for me. I wanna cram as many cams in there as possible, though I don't know how many LCD panels I can fit in there. Power source in one of the belt pouches. Actually, I was planning on putting IR LED's in the rangefinder (to facilitate the night-vision cam). Oh, welcome to TDH.

Edit: Spelled "Pineal" wrong

I have won an auction on Ebay for a 2/3" pinhole cam. The total was only 24.99 after shipping/handling and insurance. It is only black and white but does have nightvision. I am going to buy the 2" Sony LCD tomorrow, it only costs $68 + s/h. I will be sure to keep you all posted on how this works out. I will try to get pics up as soon as I can. The entire process may take a little time so don't think I forgot about you all. Feel free to PM me with any questions or ideas,

Vaders Favorite.

I am new to this forum as well, I did not know there were so many mandalorians out there...I have been into building my fett costume for about 2 years now, and stumbled upon this site recently...I am amazed at the people on here and they're knowledge and thought, it's good to see...anyway the cam is something that I had thought about in the past, but threw away the idea, not thinkin I could find a small enough screen..radio shack said they couldn't find one in their catalog.... nice research you guys!:cheers

Cam process going slow

It has been a slow process so far. I have a SWEET pinhole cam I got for only $3.99 but I knew I was going to get ripped on the $21.00 s/h. It was still a cheap total of only $24.99 on Ebay from a seller named Maxivisual. The only problem was it took about 3 weeks to get here from Singapore but Maxivisual warned of this. He has a decent amount of complaints but I looked at them before purchasing anything from him. Most were complaints from impatient people who didn't heed his warning about time. He also has an Ebay store that you can visit by looking at one of his auctions and finding the link in that page. The cam itself has a very clear pciture and works well in what I assumed would be "bar light". It didn't work so well in complete darkness but I was mainly looking for it to work in a costume party type atmosphere (still very dim). It is a black and white cam because of the nightvision but has a crisp picture and is not as bad as I thought it would be. If you wanted a cam for true nightvision ability then you might wanna pay around $100 or so for a cam with better lux. I'm very happy with this cam though and it's no bigger than a quarter. He even sent a couple of 9v battery connectors. The cam also has a little mic on it so you can try to pic up sound from the direction it's pointed. I figure on not using this for I don't think it would work that great.

The 2" monitor is another story. I checked to see how much the total would be on it with shipping and handling. It was $119!!! Shipping and handling almost doubled the cost and I had to put the purchase on hold:( I am still going to get one but my girlfriends birthday is May 12th. Needless to say I had to save up for that and mothers day as well. I bought a set of Boba Fett chest lights for $105 also. I also lost my cel and had to purchase a new one. I guess that's what I get for being super drunk with a couple of my friends who like to get into trouble. I've know that everything will fit into the helmet, that's not the issue. What is the issue is will the screen give off a shine from inside the visor that will show my face? It's a risk I'm willing to take when I have the money. I should be getting one in two weeks exactly. Then I'll have to wait for the shipping. I have also looked at some headgear but man is it expensive for the good stuff. The best I can find is $400. I did find an old headgear video game Ebay that would go for around $10-$20 but I don't think it would work well. I think it was called X-Tiger or something like that. I might actually try to win a set next week if it's cheap enough as to where total failure wouldn't make me mad. Sorry about taking so long to reply on all of this. I will keep you more closley posted on the issue since I plan on making major breakthroughs in a month or so. I hope I answered most of your questions but if I didn't and you have more go ahead and pm me. Take it easy,

Vadersfavorite.

Pin-hole cams you can buy from the radio-shack catalogue easy, or through eBay. I went to fry's electronics in Orange County, but the mini flat panel monitor was really expensive!

Hmmm... Probably not as elaborate. it could have nightvision, but would be b/w, not green. There'd be no crosshair ir text or any of that other stuff. And the screens would be TO THE SIDE if the T-visor, not in the middle.

hey, i don't know, i would love to have a camera somewhere....i just don't know where. hey, you can also get a mini RC plane cameras. they are used on RC planes...they are strapped to the plane, and it records everything. they are about $40 on ebay. they do have some very stylish cameras...if you r into appearance. go to ebay, and search RC Planes. you should be able to find them.
Michael

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back