Poly scale armor paint?

tk0000

Jr Hunter
Has anyone tested the poly/faquile paints for the correct ROTJ armor color, Including the guantlets, shoulders and knees?

I've got the yellow/orange color pretty well nailed, but the red guants for ROTJ ?? I'm stumped. The colors on the chart are hard to visualize. I've got an almost perfect match in another brand, but it's not flat.

I do believe they used Floquil/Polyscale for the Jedi armor as well. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to go by the charts. I have seen at least three Floquil/polyscale charts, and there are some variations of the same color from chart to chart. So, it's bit of a crap shoot if you are ordering online trying to match color via online charts.

The best method is to pick the paints in person if it's possible, but for those whose hobby shops lack a decent Floquil/Poly S line, an educated guess-- and a little luck-- will just have to do.

tylerdurden wrote:

I do believe they used Floquil/Polyscale for the Jedi armor as well. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to go by the charts. I have seen at least three Floquil/polyscale charts, and there are some variations of the same color from chart to chart. So, it's bit of a crap shoot if you are ordering online trying to match color via online charts.

The best method is to pick the paints in person if it's possible, but for those whose hobby shops lack a decent Floquil/Poly S line, an educated guess-- and a little luck-- will just have to do.

I was hoping to rely on more than guessing and luck, that's why I posted to see if anyone has already tried the diferent reds and so forth. I saw someone used tuskin for the red on the viser of the helmet. There are three tuskins on the testors sight.

BobaFettish wrote:

tk0000 wrote:

I've got an almost perfect match in another brand, but it's not flat.
What brand and color is that? My primered gauntlets are awaiting the perfect shade of RotJ red.

I used plasti-kote,vehicle paint(VP-38 DARK RED). You can use a matte finish on it, but you cant get it FLAT, flat.
As ofr the yellow, the orange/yellow and J.N. yellow look identical to me. The reg yellow looks good for the helmet stripes and ebs parts and rotj jet pack. One more thing, the dark blue looks good for the jet pack too, not the sea blue though, it's way, way, too dark. bast thing about these faquil paint is they use water to thin down, and clean up, plus you have it in a bottle to bruush paint details. I should have gat an airbrush long ago. I'm still going to sell all of my spray canned paint, I haven't had time to drag it all out and make a list though.

Actually , not yet. When I sprayed "flat" finish" on the them they darkend up about 30% , so I repainted them with the rust-oleum american accents, 7945 claret wine. It looks to bright and shiny when you first put it on, but after you flaten/dull it with testors it will darken up to look very close to accurate.

I'll try yo gat some pics in couple of days.

I used POLY Scale panzer olive green and the color seems to be just right when it dries . The only problem I had was mixing it properly to airbrush, I wasted most of the paint trying to get it right. I need to pick up another bottle this weekened .Any of you guys here have trouble finding this color let me know.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back