Maul vs. Vader

Darth Maul vs. Darth Vader - If It Could Have Happened, Who Would Win?

• Darth Vader

Votes: 63 78.8%
  • Darth Maul

Votes: 17 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
as much as I hate to say it maul would probably win. do you remember when luke went into the cave and faced vader during his training?.....well anikan had to go through similar training. and in his trials he faced darth maul. vader is teriffied of maul because of the trama he faced as a child witnessing the death of (Qui-Gon- not sure on spelling).

maul is without a doubt the better melee combatant. however, his power and control with the force are leaps and bounds beneath vaders. IF maul could find a way to negate vader's force abilities or could manage a sneak attack, he'd pwn vader. however, withouut that ability, vader pwn's maul through shear ferocity and force ability. i see vader grasping and holding maul, perhaps even asking him to be his apprentice. however when the loyal maul declines, vader simaltaneously hacks him apart and force snaps his neck.

Vader may be stronger with the force. and obi-wan did defeat maul and anakin. but i still have to go with the sheer combat style. I think maul could win. There is more to maul than what we saw. Vader is much to machine to do any serious manuvering. and without his choke it would be interesting. Vader never used his choke when he fought with his saber.

So the question remains would he win in a saber duel with maul?:cheers

to be honest as much as i love Vader his chest armor would restrict him from proper double blade saber...so id say ANH ESB ROTJ Vader vs Maul...... Maul wins .....but if it could be Pre Armor Vader i say Vader would beat him

this discussion reminds me of Deadliest Warrior on Spike TV wouldn't it be cool If the did a Star Wars Special

Maul...cuz he BAAAALLLLDDD!!!!!

Eh, there's plenty of time between episode III and IV where Vader is still a young angry machine. He would force-kick the heck out of Maul. Force + angst + cyborg > dude with horns.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good example of how vader was was in the short double edged sword. granted, he had the assistance of 6 clones but, ho took on and took out one of the emperors hands and 6 cloned dark jedi. he subdued them all before killing them at the same time with force powers alone while they were activly resisting with their own.

dark jedi and hands aren't sith lords i'll give you that but, to stretch his abilities to that many targets and have the power to b-slap them all says alot.

the fight never even makes it to a saber battle unless vader's in a "playful" mood.

as a side note, has anyone else got this month's insider? they pit maul v dooku

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Dooku wins. even with his saber skills, mauls ferocity is more than dooku can handle but, through pure force mastery, dooku defeats maul. maul was rated quite low in power and technical ratings while being very high in combat skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Vader of the movies was a product of the 70's more than a representation of his real abilities. He was a big heavy guy in a big heavy suit.
Maul was the product of a more sophisticated audience's expectations. Fast and mobile.
As great as Maul's saber skills were, could he have beaten Yoda? Think about it. Vader took out Palpatine, a feat even Yoda couldn't accomplish. It was only his arrogance that allowed Obi Wan to beat him.
I think of Vader being sort of like he was in the Force Unleashed game. ( not the best game, I know ) He is an unstoppable force of nature.
Vader is the most powerful sith lord of all time. He would crush Maul with his control of the force. It would be tough to chop Vader up with two hundred broken bones.

sorry maul fans, but vader is just too icey to be scared of a kid with tiny horns and a stick. maul can jump and kick and do as many summersaults he wants, against the rock that is Darth Vader it would be like a fly trying to get through glass.

"this is what happens when an small bouncy force hits an immovable object!" (ricochet) KAPWIIING!!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back