Maul vs. Vader

Darth Maul vs. Darth Vader - If It Could Have Happened, Who Would Win?

• Darth Vader

Votes: 63 78.8%
  • Darth Maul

Votes: 17 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't believe some of the blasphemy I'm reading in this thread. :)
Maul was ruthless and terrifying, but Vader was the most powerful Jedi/Sith who ever lived. Period.
Shame on any of you who say otherwise.

vadervsmaul_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Round One: Darth Maul attacks from odd angles and flying attacks. Vader gets a lil chopped up, but hes a cyborg, so no one really cares. After Vader gets smacked around a few times and gets tired of Maul's constant blitzkrieg attacks, Vader just outright force grips Maul and slams him into a nearby wall.

Round Two: Maul recovers and attempts another lightning ambush attack, but Vader has him figured out by then and manages to repel the attack, forcing the physically weaker maul to defend himself. Maul is a straightfoward, all out fighter,.. probably not used to having to block. Vader slices through Mauls uber cool double sided light stick of doom and uses force push to send maul flying THROUGH a wall.

Round Three: Maul uses a last ditch effort to flank Vader and attack with one half of his light staff. Vader takes a nasty cyborg amputation to his right arm, but obviously survives and delivers a spine cutting thrust to Maul, dropping Maul to his knees. Vader then uses forc grip to beat Maul to death with pieces of the wall before beheading him, loading his corpse into his shuttle, flying all over looking for an impossibly deep random crevice to throw his body down, and doing so. Cuz everybody knows, a star wars fight isnt over till somebody falls down in impossibly deep random crevice that you cant see the bottom of.

Darth Maul did it.
Boba Fett did it. (not impossibly deep, but i count it.)
Luke Skywalker did it.
Mace Windu did it.
Emporer Palpatine did it.

who am i missing?? lol

Very interesting ideas guys. Please watch the language.

From the CoC
PROFANITY

The use of profanity is prohibited. For clarification on what qualifies as "profanity", please visit Wikipedia and search for “profanity” and “list of profanities” Profanity includes but is not limited to blasphemy (insults, slang or taking the name of a deity in vain), general insults and expletives, sexual insults or slang, and discriminatory insults or slang. Additionally, adding "@" or "#" or "$" or "%" or "*" or "-" or any other character in place of letters in curse words do NOT make those words acceptable to post. TDH has a profanity filter which will replace most inappropriate words with asterisks. Even though the word may not be visible, this does NOT make those words acceptable to post.

all i'm sayin is this,

Vader always had a hidden agenda, he wanted his son.
Vader always had the sliver of good in him,

Maul is 100% pure evil. no good anywhere in him. He would have killed himself to prove his loyalty to the dark side and his master. Vader chose his son over the darkside. He was weak and he died for it.
I still in my humble opinion say MAUL would win.

Does anyone remember Indiana Jones? That guy had some crazy sword moves, but when he was done twirling about, Indy just shot him. lol Vader wins no doubt. His power of the force makes him difficult to stop.

Vader wins

all i'm sayin is this,

Maul is 100% pure evil. no good anywhere in him. He would have killed himself to prove his loyalty to the dark side and his master. Vader chose his son over the darkside. He was weak and he died for it.

Good points. I think to get Vader to try harder, tell him that Maul is will kill the love of Vader's life if he loses.

all i'm sayin is this,

One of the biggest points that Star Wars makes is that good is ultimately stronger than evil. Vader choosing to save his son at the cost of his own life shows that he possesses a will and power that Maul cannot even fathom.
Maul being 100% pure evil and souless is the very reason he could never win. Just my opinion.

One of the biggest points that Star Wars makes is that good is ultimately stronger than evil. Vader choosing to save his son at the cost of his own life shows that he possesses a will and power that Maul cannot even fathom.
Maul being 100% pure evil and souless is the very reason he could never win. Just my opinion.

That is a REALLY REALLY good point...

"GOOD IS DUMB" .....Spaceballs

Now it is because Maul is evil that I Believe he would win. He would cheat and stop at nothing. He has one goal to stop his target at all costs. In the end when vader is broken and crushed and crawling Maul would behead him and take his saber.
AHHHHHH glad I took a moment to reflect upon this.

Maul has little reason to hate and little ambition. Which are weaknesses by Sith standards. Maul was quite happy being the number two. Vader beats him here on both counts.

Plus, Vader was still one of the best swordsmen around. 70's production aside, if Lucasfilms wanted to have an armoured Vader in a rockin' saber fight today, they'd use CGI.

Vader, man. Vader. Search your feelings, you KNOW it to be true...

You can't use the force on me lol.

Vader's outfit is cumbersom and generally not condusive for melee. And I don't believe Maul was happy being #2 he just was not ready to kill his Master.

That is correct and incorrect. The point of good v.s. evil in Star Wars is that the evil path is faster than the good path. In the end, the good side will be more powerful, but a sith can become VERY powerful VERY quickly. It takes a Jedi A LOT longer to surpass a Sith's strength. Remember now, even Yoda couldn't defeat Palpatine. I really don't know if that tiny tiny .0001% of good left in Vader would really make a big difference.

If it was a lightsaber battle, Maul would win, but in a full out lightsaber and force battle, Vader would win :cry.

Here's the thing previously stated in the thread maul removed one of vaders arms(pauses for applause) now vader's 1 good arm must be used to defend himself. Now being a cyborg and not being able to channel lightning this greatly decreases his ability to go on any offensive attack. Once Maul is on the attack all you can do is defend. he is a master of the double blade. obi-wan defeated anakin. then trained luke who lets face it luke may be the rage in the books and by the way fell to the dark side. But he almost went to the darkside fighting and defeating vader. Now again for anyone who may have missed it in my pre. post... When vader battles with his saber he focuses 95% on saber and only 5 % on force throws. I believe that Maul and vader would duel with minimal force.

Now being that both were defeated by jedi. you have to look at combat.
Maul fought 2 jedi with 2 different fighting styles and not only held his own but defeated 1 rather quickly by seperating the two from eachother.

Vader got beaten by im sorry anakin got beaten by obi-wan and left for dead. Now I love obi-wan but it goes to show GOOD IS DUMB. He should have finished the job. Left for dead and dead are very different things.

Back to vader, Vader got beheaded in the swamps of dagobah by a truely untrained jedi. Then again he got Pwned by luke again.

It is my belief that yes GOOD tho DUMB is stronger in the end but..... Maul was before vader so in a scense he was badder than vader more highly trained than vader and would not have any emotional garbage about finding his twin childeren................. Pure Evil trumps emotional lightside thoughts

i dont understand why people think Vader's suit is so debilitating. because when they shot the OT they wanted a big buy in a big suit to have that "size factor" ??? Vader was the most powerful jedi who ever lived. If you have read into the EU at all you would know that Vader could do some major damage in a saber duel. he didnt move around like Frankenstein people. he was fast, he could do front flips and back flips, size means nothing. come on....

“Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.”

Maul was never and would never be any match for Vader.

Here's the thing previously stated in the thread maul removed one of vaders arms(pauses for applause) now vader's 1 good arm must be used to defend himself. Now being a cyborg and not being able to channel lightning this greatly decreases his ability to go on any offensive attack. Once Maul is on the attack all you can do is defend. he is a master of the double blade. obi-wan defeated anakin. then trained luke who lets face it luke may be the rage in the books and by the way fell to the dark side. But he almost went to the darkside fighting and defeating vader. Now again for anyone who may have missed it in my pre. post... When vader battles with his saber he focuses 95% on saber and only 5 % on force throws. I believe that Maul and vader would duel with minimal force.

This is simply not true. When Maul was trained he refused to follow the traditional path of the Sith Lords. He wanted nothing but pure physical
skills. The traditional path of the Sith is to defeat their opponents not only physically but mentally as well. This is where Maul would fail against Vader NUMERO UNO

Now being that both were defeated by jedi. you have to look at combat.
Maul fought 2 jedi with 2 different fighting styles and not only held his own but defeated 1 rather quickly by seperating the two from eachother.

Qui-gon failed because he was too confident in his own ability. he was known as the MAVERICK JEDI you know. If he would have stayed on the defense until Obi was able to help him they would have easily defeated Maul.

Vader got beaten by im sorry anakin got beaten by obi-wan and left for dead. Now I love obi-wan but it goes to show GOOD IS DUMB. He should have finished the job. Left for dead and dead are very different things.
Anakin was Obi-wan's best friend and his brother. The entire battle on Mustafar Obi was on the defense, not wanting to hurt Anakin. Id like to see you strike your brother down in cold blood..... not likely

Back to vader, Vader got beheaded in the swamps of dagobah by a truely untrained jedi. Then again he got Pwned by luke again.

a spectral image... im not even going to bother arguing that comment

It is my belief that yes GOOD tho DUMB is stronger in the end but..... Maul was before vader so in a scense he was badder than vader more highly trained than vader and would not have any emotional garbage about finding his twin childeren................. Pure Evil trumps emotional lightside thoughts

Maul was nothing but a child trained to be an apprentice. Darth Vader was created by the force. He was the most powerful jedi / Sith Lord EVER. There is no arguing that, its pure Star Wars fact. Maul was only focused on using physical skills to defeat and destroy his enemy.

"Maul had been an animal. A skilled animal, but a beast nonetheless." - Darth Tyranus.

:cheers

exar kun is the most powerful sith ever read the books on that i will get the titles and pm you them. second if obi-wan would have finished the job the first time vader never would have been. Third your right spectral image i was reaching LOL

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back