Pepakura Master Chief

corby

Active Hunter
I found out about pepakura a while ago but didn't decide to try it out till just recently. This is my first pepakura build so I figured I'd post it on here. I'm probably going to resin it on Sunday and then fiberglass the inside on Monday. I'm using Robogenesis' normal detail model which is available here: http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index

dscf0826o.jpg

dscf0827.jpg

dscf0822l.jpg

Well I've fiber glassed it .....but also I've decided that it's too big (kinda late for that decision right? lol) so I've scaled the helmet down a few centimeters and I'm starting over

Kwally89 said:
Really?? It looks about right to me!

Yeah I thought it did too. but after taking some more pics and seeing that it even looked big on my older brother I decided that it needed to be scaled down a little. Fortunately it's not a very detailed model so I can assemble another one pretty quickly.

good start man, you should join us over at 405th.com if you plan on doing much Halo prop work...

i would also suggest using flyingsquirrels hd mrk6... harder to fold, but the end product is so much better.

Dreadmullet said:
good start man, you should join us over at 405th.com if you plan on doing much Halo prop work...

Yeah I'm already a member over there, it's kinda funny actually:lol: Apparently I registered over there back in 2007 and completely forgot about it. And when the Admins opened registration the other day I was surprised to see that the user name "corby" was already taken. So I tried a "forgot password" with my old email address and found out I was already registered.

Dreadmullet said:
i would also suggest using flyingsquirrels hd mrk6... harder to fold, but the end product is so much better.

Well right now I'm trying to get a full suit done by halloween but after that I'm planning on replacing some of the parts with higher res models (including flyingsquirrel's helmet) :)

hahah, i have done that on a couple different sites... great group of people over there, kinda like over here.

well good luck on your Mrk 6 build, im currently working on Marine armor and my Mando... hopefully i will start my mrk6 shortly.

hey man, that looks awesome! I have a buddy who is a huge halo fan who would love this stuff :) Pepakura looks waaaaaaaay tough and thus i haven't tried to use it yet, but i'm thinking i should give it a go in the near future, the stuff looks great :D:D Good job!

Nickpocalypse said:
hey man, that looks awesome! I have a buddy who is a huge halo fan who would love this stuff :) Pepakura looks waaaaaaaay tough and thus i haven't tried to use it yet, but i'm thinking i should give it a go in the near future, the stuff looks great :D:D Good job!

Thanks man:) yeah it takes patience but its worth it.

UPDATE:

I've gotten my helmet resined, fiberglassed, and mostly sanded.
Here's a pic of where I'm at now
0605091426-1.gif

I think I need to get myself a dremel.

Definately need a dremel, I cant do with out mine, that and my mouse sander :)
By the way, XLNT job so far my friend.
I will be doing one of these too, I downloaded several pep files of the chief, I just want to use the one with the least # of polygons ;)

adonian said:
Definately need a dremel, I cant do with out mine, that and my mouse sander :)
By the way, XLNT job so far my friend.
I will be doing one of these too, I downloaded several pep files of the chief, I just want to use the one with the least # of polygons ;) 06-05-2009 02:41 PM

I suggest building flyingsquirrels HD helmet. it'll take a little longer to build but in the long run there will be less sanding and it'll look alot nicer :cheers

Well long time no update but now I've got a major one :D I used the good ol' mustard technique for battle damage. I just need to add some inner padding and a visor and it'll be finished.

DSCF3081.gif

DSCF3083.gif

are ya' gonna put LED lights?

Not on this one. It's just my practice helmet. It's got alot of warping on it so I dont want to put too much more work into it. I decided to just use it to help me learn the whole process and experiment with paint techniques.

Next year I'll be building an HD model that will be much nicer. It'll have the LEDs and a dual-visor.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back