MY RENDITION OF MOD'D SIDEWINDER MOUNTS/LOTSA PICS!!

FettDad

Active Hunter
i have been watching bobafettslave_1's progress on his ESB scope mounts, and decided to give it a try for myself...thanks D for showing us how you did yours!! :cheers

i did it a little different than bfs1, and wanted to show you guys what i did...i took sidewinder's mounts, and cut off the top block, remeasured and cut down some...reattached it with epoxy resin, then did the "straps" with the holes in them out of some 1/2" aluminum...i was able to bend this pretty easily, and then drilled out the holes, and epoxied them to the top of the mount...i will then use a little thicker aluminum and place on the top of the straps for the scope rings to mount too...here's where i am now...

100_2794.JPG

100_2795.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i have gotten a chance to work on these mounts, since i have nothing else left to work on...:lol:

now, for the back mount, and to get that little "tab" thing-a-ma-gig added to it, i took some aluminum strap, 1/8" thick, and found the bottom of the mount, measured from the center, and cut a 1/8" slot, so to speak, for the aluminum tab to slide into...i wanted to make it a part of the mount, instead of just gluing it to the bottom...to make the cut, i used a hack saw blade, out of the main body of the saw, and very gently cut the piece out, sawing on each mark as i went, to keep the integrity of the mount while cutting...(y) then i smoothed things out with some sandpaper, very lightly, and used some 2 part epoxy resin to seal that tab into the slot...make sure to "roughen" up the surfaces where you put the adhesive to give it some "teeth" to grab on to...:)

for the front mount, i used some tension rods, i think that is what they are called, not sure the size, but can find out for anyone, and measured where i wanted them to stick out...i also wanted these to be part of the mount, not just glued to the bottom...(y) i got some plastic bolt covers, to cover the ends of them as well...i made a template using the inside circle, found the center, and used some basic trigonometry to find the distance on each side from the center i wanted to come up...ya, i estimated, that pi value can be crazy...:wacko made the holes, drilled them the size of the rods, and there ya go...inserted them into the holes, and you got tabs for the front mount now! (y)(y)

yes, i will be drilling holes into the heiland tube as well, and then epoxying it all together...i have one hole in the heiland drilled, and will finish up the other tomorrow...i like the outcome, and it is pretty solid...:)

oh yeah, i also added the "notch" on top of the mount for the scope to mount down on...i made a 1/4" little piece of aluminum, centered it, and epoxied it down, after roughing up the surfaces where the epoxy goes...

here are some pics of what i did...

100_3060.JPG

100_3061.JPG

100_3062.JPG

100_3063.JPG

100_3060.JPG

100_3061.JPG

100_3062.JPG

100_3063.JPG

ok, got the other hole drilled into the flashtube this afternoon, and was able to kind of put mounts together on the barrel...nothing has been secured yet, since i am getting a new scope that is more accurate and longer than the scope in the pics...:) but you get the idea...

on to the pics...

100_3068.JPG

100_3069.JPG

100_3070.JPG

100_3071.JPG

100_3072.JPG

100_3073.JPG

100_3074.JPG

100_3075.JPG

100_3068.JPG

100_3069.JPG

100_3070.JPG

100_3071.JPG

100_3072.JPG

100_3073.JPG

100_3074.JPG

100_3075.JPG

ok, well, got the mounts completed, and painted up...very please with the outcome...(y) now to put the blaster together and post her up all nice and done!

100_3119.JPG

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back